eCtune is dead, long live eCtune!

eCtune and Website announcements.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

eCtune is dead, long live eCtune!

Post by Gaskleppie »

Hi all,

First of all I am glad this piece of history came back to the public. There is some good information on it that can be useful for many.

As we all know eCtune was and still is a wonderful piece of software developed by Calvin and in the days I helped him doing this. During the dark years I tried to keep it all working by renewing licenses and keeping the forum running. The old server with the license system and forum was running at Nathan's work in the states so I was heavily depending on something running at the other side of the world.
When some bloke pulled the plug I contacted Nathan to get it back online but when he got to it the only thing left of it was an old HD...
We got the remains over to my home pc and I managed to get it running again.

In the meanwhile Calvin sold eCtune to a guy with big plans but no knowledge of programming assembly. Since then I am not allowed to renew licenses anymore and have to wait for something to release.

And then HTS showed up......
As you can imagine HTS was like a dream for me. All the things I wanted in the software were there and they widely showed what base software it was build on: eCtune! In the meanwhile they attacked that ars in Canada that stole eCtune years before.
So the choice was easy for me to get on the HTS train. Its moving fast and I like it!

Lets create something beautiful!

Frank
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

JaredKaragen

Re: eCtune is dead, long live eCtune!

Post by JaredKaragen »

Now that I think about it; the wiki site was on that VM as well.

Ill package it up and send it over to have it added to the new server when I get a moment =) I think a bunch of How-to info was in there.

I am super ecstatic that the eCtune forum; and ultimately the software lives on!

Welcome back to everyone I have missed over the years!

Shoeboxbeater

Post by Shoeboxbeater »

I want to say thanks

ErwinDCK

Post by ErwinDCK »

nice words Frank!!

Time for a Dutch HTS Users meet somewhere soon :D

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

Is it alive or dead now?

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

Btw, I gave up on Calvin after he fucked us all on the licenses. Great software but he was a total dick. It's cool see HST. Anyone try it yet?

I have actually been looking at Speeduino and looking to get into developing my own stuff rather than having to wait on the Calvin's in the world. Plus it would be super cheap. I would like to jump on the k bandwagon first with freely programmable CAN interface.

It would be cool to have an obd1 honda fully sequential fuel and spark (through COP) running hardware that cost under $100 that you can program to do the stuff you want it to.

You can put a properly toothed wheel on the actual crank rather on the dizzy!

HondaTuningSuite

Post by HondaTuningSuite »

I have used quite a few Speeduinos they are decent for what they are.
Definitely more for the "I can do it myself" type of people.
HTS is still around and kicking. I am just busy with IRL stuff that is making it become harder to deal with updates.
Pushing out new K definitions is still going strong though.

We have inexpensive K flashing in the bag already :)
200$ nets you a personal license and 500$ a dealer one(Unlimited vehicles)

all ya need is a Tactrix.