eCtune site was temporary down.

eCtune and Website announcements.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

eCtune site was temporary down.

Post by Gaskleppie »

Info from Calvin: Changes to Site/Honda attorneys - Tuesday, November 06, 2012 Dear all i'm deleting certain stuff from ectune.com Store is closed please contact me directly of contact chriss harris @ xenocron. The reason for this is that i got an email from Honda North America's attorneys. Please contact if you would like to see the letter Basically they dont want us to use the name \"Honda\" on our site, logo, products etc etc etc. Neptune has also removed the Honda names from the site. I'm affright Hondata has a bigger problem, lol!
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

barry

Post by barry »

i would like to see this letter

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

You dont believe it?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Gaskleppie wrote:You dont believe it?
Explains a little bit. I can see the future now: "what do you drive?" I drive a *****. Or even better: Can I get a water pump for a 94 ***** *****?
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

Seen it, its real.. no lies here folks.
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

Check it at the neptune site. They got the same letter.

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

I did not get a letter. I did see Calvin's, though.

elevation

Post by elevation »

The Honda attorneys have been doing this forever. 10 years ago they were threating a shop I worked at because they bought Honda and Acura signs from a dealer that went out of business and were displaying them. Earlier this year they made me take the Honda and Acura symbols off my website. They were trying to say \"Honda repair\" insinuated repairs were being made by Honda but they cant do anything about that because they cant own the term \"Honda Repair\" Never had a problem with Subaru, Toyota, Nissan or anyone else.
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

HRTuning wrote:I did not get a letter. I did see Calvin's, though.
Ok, sorry assumed you got it because you removed all Honda names. My apologies...

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

I never really had any to begin with. I had to remove mention of Hondata and change it to S300. :)

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

HRTuning wrote:I never really had any to begin with. I had to remove mention of Hondata and change it to S300. :)
I did have one mention of Honda, actually, but yes I preemptively changed the "Honda"ta mention just in case they were targeting our market specifically. Second post because apparently you don't allow edits. :)

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

I can edit ;) We (Calvin and I) were discussing the whole situation at the day you changed the line \"The Honda tuning solution\" in \"The ODD1 tuning solution\" Thats why I thought you must have had the letter as well.

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

Of course you can. :P I changed that when I saw his email with the letter attached. I figured if they were coming after everyone I would have gotten one too, but since I didn't I thought it best that be changed to avoid it in the future, should they keep looking around. :) I thanked Calvin for the heads up!