The progression of an H22

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

The progression of an H22

Post by xenocron »

I am going to use this thread and update as we go. As some people know, I like doing things in stages rather than just trying to extract 4 million horsepower on the first dyno session...so I have been building this H22 motor very meticulously since we melted down a piston last year and I think she is ready for the track so I am probably going to go this weekend :) Threw here on the dyno after working out all of the kinks...and in two pulls only, made 350 at only 9psi...gotta love having 250 ft/lbs of torque from 4500 to red line. Oh...and a coupler popped off at 7500 rpms...we were revving to 8k on this pull. This setup should carry power nicely to 9k or higher I am hoping. Setup is as follows: - 88mm Golden Eagle Sleeved H22 open deck - Wiseco 8.5:1 Pistons - Pauter Rods - Mike Belben Ported and Worked H22 Head - Supertech Dual Springs and Retainer - Ferrea 6000 Series STD Size Valves - Skank 2 PRO 1 Series Cam Shafts degreed in with the Belben Cam Fixture Kit (which we now sell) - 1Fab Shitty EL Manifold, Rewelded and Heat Coated - Garrett GT35r, .82 AR - Precision 750 Intercooler - Precision 1000cc Injectors - GM 3 bar - Walbro 255 HP w/ Aeromotive -6 FPR and GE Fuel Rail - 68mm Proessional Products TB (Stock Throttle Body) - Stock Intake Manifold with IABs removed (no porting) There's a bit more...but needless to say I'm happy after today. Let's see what she runs low boost at the track. The plan is to make 500 on race gas and run mid 10's which should be doable...nothing crazy :)
Attachments
Johnny-h22-10psi.jpg
Johnny-h22-10psi.jpg (140.26 KiB) Viewed 8076 times
johnny-h22-9psi.jpg
johnny-h22-9psi.jpg (142.57 KiB) Viewed 8297 times
Last edited by xenocron on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

rschoener

Post by rschoener »

Nice build. What Car is this in and what trans?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Atco, NJ, USA Randy Schoener RSTECH www.rstech-racing.com

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

rschoener wrote:Nice build. What Car is this in and what trans?
It's in a Bubble on its third Maaco paint job :) It's an H22 trans, but supposedly its pretty worked over, Quaife, all Carbon Coated and maybe heat treated gears with a Comp Clutch twin disc. Shifts like butter...I'm just hoping to avoid issues at higher HP
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

yc underground

Post by yc underground »

Nice setup Chris, I like your approach on things by taking your time to figure and find things out with a lot of testing and tuning. Keep up the great work.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

i love that turbo! that tq curve is sick!!!!

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

That is a really nice power band. Can I borrow it to go round the Nürburgring? :D /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Bindegal wrote:That is a really nice power band. Can I borrow it to go round the Nürburgring? :D /Allan
Sure thing Allan, as soon as they build a bridge across the Atlantic and I will drive it over :) Track numbers coming later tonight...low boost.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Not a great night at the track, I got one shitty run in (12.6 @ 111 mph I think) and during the second burnout, the Driver's Side Axle snapped (Drive Shaft Stage 5's, snapped in the outer CV) and I was done for the night. I have a few things to tweak, upper ball joints and I think a wheel bearing issue and then I need to get it aligned.

rschoener

Post by rschoener »

Were you at E-town?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Atco, NJ, USA Randy Schoener RSTECH www.rstech-racing.com

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

rschoener wrote:Were you at E-town?
Island Dragway...

fah

Post by fah »

xenocron wrote:Not a great night at the track, I got one shitty run in (12.6 @ 111 mph I think) and during the second burnout, the Driver's Side Axle snapped (Drive Shaft Stage 5's, snapped in the outer CV) and I was done for the night. I have a few things to tweak, upper ball joints and I think a wheel bearing issue and then I need to get it aligned.
What chassis? Prelude?
Regards, Marlon Chong eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Jamaica/Australia chong_marlon(at)yahoo.com (876)-881-8164 JA (61)-4-0275-3611 AUS

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

EG Civic Hatch

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

H ftw :D
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

ef92b

Post by ef92b »

way to go Chris! nice build! Congrats! :D sorry for that broken axle though. i hate DSS. they suck! just wasted my money for those S2.9 ones. lasted merely 3 months(car not being raced) on me being just a DD. the OEM ones lasted for more than a year better and that's with lots of beating! a friend with a B n/a with 240+ whp broke those DSS S5 too :x am now switching to Raxles! :)
newb a.k.a clyde(pgmfi.org)

g.t engineering

Post by g.t engineering »

good luck with the raxles