The progression of an H22

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Dmc1
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Dmc1 »

http://web.inetba.com/dss/item170693.ctlg you may as well buy autozone axels if you don't go with these.

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

These are the axles it had...the old Stage 5 are the new 3.9 Axles :cry:
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

M2_Motorsports

Post by M2_Motorsports »

my buddy is having problems with his axles too. I am beginning to agree with the \"just get autozone axles\".

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Fucken axles still giving me problems...I got the driver's side warrantied (thanks DSS) but the pass side is grinding on me still. I thought it might be the tie rod being goofy on that side so I replaced it, replaced the upper arm on the drivers side as well as that ball joint was toast too and put in the new axle. Here are some updated numbers...I havent increased the boost at all but it is running slightly higher. The only changes here are a new secret version of code from Calvin and a 68mm throttle body (swapped out the stock 60mm h22 TB). Wow....what an improvement.
Attachments
Johnny-compare.jpg
Johnny-compare.jpg (150.63 KiB) Viewed 6887 times
Johnny-h22-10psi.jpg
Johnny-h22-10psi.jpg (140.26 KiB) Viewed 6887 times
johnny-10psi.JPG
johnny-10psi.JPG (142.63 KiB) Viewed 6887 times
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Wazzzup

Post by Wazzzup »

I also have an axle issue with my H22A + lsd tranny in a EG body with HASport mounts. It seems that te lsd tranny is 1 cm longer on the passenger side. Now my axle grinds becose of the angle it has to make. Nice horsepower by the way. :P
EG H22A 1/4 mile 13.6 sec @ Drachten with eCtune

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

Wazzzup wrote:I also have an axle issue with my H22A + lsd tranny in a EG body with HASport mounts. It seems that te lsd tranny is 1 cm longer on the passenger side. Now my axle grinds becose of the angle it has to make. Nice horsepower by the way. :P
i had the same problem with a customers car. i think we had to make an axle, we used an H22 inner part of the axle and the shaft and outer from a B series

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Spoke with DSS this morning. It looks like I might have the wrong axles in there as there is barely any end play on that side. Should be 1/2\" - 1\" and I get about 1/16\" of movement. So the axle is going back today, and I should hopefully have it back by Thursday/Friday next week.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Axle problem is SOLVED! Yippie :) Decide to up the boost a little tonight and play...I'm somewhere in the 13-14 psi range. I still have to play with both fuel and timing. This things seems to want to run lean (power-wise). I am going to keep it a little fat guessing that while on the road/track there will be a bit more good airflow since my dyno bay usually hovers in the 85-100 degree range.
Attachments
johnny-13psi.jpg
johnny-13psi.jpg (146.6 KiB) Viewed 6812 times

combz

Post by combz »

i want h22-t :( whats your AFR from 7-8k what is the secret code you speak off :twisted: you should have changed JUST the TB, ran everything else the same, and saw how much HP you gained off just the TB. Would have been cool to compare!

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

combz wrote:i want h22-t :( whats your AFR from 7-8k what is the secret code you speak off :twisted: you should have changed JUST the TB, ran everything else the same, and saw how much HP you gained off just the TB. Would have been cool to compare!
I dont think the code change made any difference in power...I think the gains were from the 60mm to 68mm upgrade. AFRs are roughly 12.0 at 10 psi...11.5 at the 13-14 psi.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

(3) Runs at the track yesterday, best two of the day were: 11.8 @ 120 (1.83 60') 11.8 @ 116 (1.71 60') I was extremely happy considering this was only 10 psi. Car weighed in at 2330 with me in it...no bad. Unfortunately, on the last run the car has seemed to develop a slight tick when revved. Hopefully it isnt rod knock...and is something simple and easy. Once I figure this out, she will be going up in boost on race gas and hopefully ready for the next local event on Sept 26th.

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

that is one helluva a powerband! 11.8 on 10psi! crazy. nice job!!!

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Welp...I'm not sure what happened, but #4 bearing is toast. The rod cap is VISIBLY blue... Time to call the machine shop that assembled this bottom end and see where we can go. It could have been worse I guess :cry:

rschoener

Post by rschoener »

Does it look like the Bearing spun or was it just mashed? How are the other Rod Bearings. Oh and were they OEM honda or ACL? Oil what do you run? Just would like to know. I like to study the mechanical failuers. I have had great luck with Royal purple or Moblie 1 10-30 and we always use Honda Bearings.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Atco, NJ, USA Randy Schoener RSTECH www.rstech-racing.com

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I used to think only honda bearings were the best. But the machinest that we've been using basically uses whatever bearing he can get in the correct sizes, and we've had not 1 single bearing failure yet. Hes done motors were its been a mix and match of Clevite AND ACL just to get all the sizes perfect.. I think who makes the bearings, doesn't really matter, what matters is that they are clearanced properly.. If the bearing is smashed then you probably had too much timing in it. If its spun then I'd suspect clearance/oiling issues.. Hope you get it running again soon.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262