The progression of an H22

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

rschoener
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by rschoener »

I agree if you use the correct cleareance bearing the is the most important thing. I know that most places that sell ACL or other aftermarket bearing sell the Standard sets to everyone. Alot of people just throw them in everything. I have seen big name places use standard bearings for everything they build.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Atco, NJ, USA Randy Schoener RSTECH www.rstech-racing.com

greasemonkee

Post by greasemonkee »

Rumor has it that there is something very special about gsr/itr bearing composition and their applications, not sure if that was the case with the other oems.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

rschoener wrote:Does it look like the Bearing spun or was it just mashed? How are the other Rod Bearings. Oh and were they OEM honda or ACL? Oil what do you run? Just would like to know. I like to study the mechanical failuers. I have had great luck with Royal purple or Moblie 1 10-30 and we always use Honda Bearings.
Seems the bearing is just disintegrated. Nothing is disassembled so I havent looked at anything else closely. ACL STD bearings, 55mm mains The motor was broken in with shit 5w-30 from the local parts store, $1.49 a qt I think. Filled, started...run for 10 minutes and drained and new oil filter. Then it was immediately put on the dyno and tuned to 10psi. Drove around easy for a while working out other bugs. 2 passes at the track, oil changed again and then put in the Eneos 0W-50 and the K&N Oil Filter...couple more passes on the dyno and 3 at the track...gone :( Motor just came out of the car tonight so it will probably come apart soon...I have another project that has my motivation at the moment so this might sit for a bit...but I will be learning how to and sizing my own bearings from now on. Yeah...
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

sorry to hear about that chris. Could you post pictures of the bearing once you get it torn down? I'd be interested in looking at the wear pattern.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

I definitely will...but I got busy with this today, so the H might move down in priority for a little bit :)
Attachments
k-before.JPG
k-before.JPG (322.06 KiB) Viewed 5848 times
k-after.JPG
k-after.JPG (323.13 KiB) Viewed 5848 times
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

g.t engineering

Post by g.t engineering »

bump bump(bearing pics)

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

#4 Spun, #1 was about to spin but didnt. #4 Rod has a LOT of wrist pin play for some reason...not sure what that's about. Bearing Pics: (click on the image for large version) Bearings #1 - #4 all lined up nice and pretty Image Bearing #4 Image Bearing #3 Image Bearing #2 Image Bearing #1 Image #1 - Weird Gap thing going on here Image Mains all looked fine...some of the original coating was on each of the mains.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

are those pits in the #3 bearing? hard to tell from the pictures. what kind and weight oil do you use? They all look a bit too shiny, suggesting that oiling/heat was a problem. But it doesnt make sense that your mains are perfect.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

No pits in the bearings...#1/#4 are \"smashed\" I'd say...#2/#3 look fine except for some grooves where bearing material probably got in and wore away a groove. The smashing is at an angle though which is odd to me...why there would be more pressure on one side of the bearing than the other, unless maybe the crank is bent/warped...i unno. Taking the head off today I think.

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

happen to check the plugs for inaudible det? makes a little sense to me that the sides have more wear since the rod/crank angle at peak cylinder pressure is not on top and bottom of the bearing, but more so to the sides of the bearing.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Plugs read clean on the dyno and I was completely conservative on the timing...plugs checked after the first two runs where everything was fine read fine as well. I dont have any logs of the runs unfortunately because the power plug on my wideband was loose which would cause eCtune to stumble and quit datalogging right at the launch. That got annoying...I need to find a better power cable I guess. BTW, the oil was Eneos 0W-50 if I didnt mention that before.

g.t engineering

Post by g.t engineering »

timing, bearing clearance or lubrication

JBird20

Post by JBird20 »

i remember the day that dog kicked his ball under the cabinet and layed down for about 15 min lookin at it...with the multi-colored eyes

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Got a squeeky clean A4 crank from Reid @ Kaizenspeed (thanks for the hook-up) and the Pauter rods are being sent off tomorrow to be reconditioned at Pauter tomorrow :)

mike_belben

Post by mike_belben »

xenocron wrote:I definitely will...but I got busy with this today, so the H might move down in priority for a little bit :)
now THAT i can make some power with :) study up http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/index.php ... &Itemid=64