12.2:1 H23vtec / stock head

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

98vtec
http://phpbb3styles.net

12.2:1 H23vtec / stock head

Post by 98vtec »

Image 12.2:1 RMF narrow 3\" exhaust EuroR IM RDX injectors (55psi) AEM CAI with BPi flowstack s2000 throttle body COMPLETELY stock h22a head I am SOOOO glad i learned how to read the spark plugs. Before i even get into it, i want to thank Chris. You opened up a whole new world for me tuning wise by your post on reading plugs. My power jumped dramatically by adjusting the individual cylinder trims and then adding timing to the maps. I was short on money and ran out of time before i could keep fine tuning. You can tell there is some more to be gotten out of it by the random peaks of power. There was just so much to do with such little time. everything about the ignition maps changed once i started doing cylinder trims and its just amazing how much that effects the efficiency. I ended up pulling 3.5* from cylinder 3 and 3* from cylinder 4 and .5* from cylinder 2. Each time i made a correction with that and made a run, the power dropped and got choppy automatically making me think \"add\". If i had more time to do that through the RPM range, i believe i could fix many of the dips.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

Cal now attached
Attachments
h23_Dyno_Oct9.cal
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

Crome fully tuned vs. eCtune partially tuned
Attachments
h23dynocompare.jpg
h23dynocompare.jpg (124.21 KiB) Viewed 8082 times

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Wich color is what?

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

red = eCtune blue = crome

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

eCtune > CROME... Even I figured that one out *snickers*
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

Looks good man, glad the timing stuff worked well for you.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

Bugermass wrote:Looks good man, glad the timing stuff worked well for you.
thanks Chris, it really does bring a whole new meaning to tuning. Its nice having a tattletale :P

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

haha, dude so many ppl have helped me and told me little secrets and ansered my somtimes dumb questions and what not, I have no problems sharing with other tuners.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

H.Veras

Post by H.Veras »

I have been searching for that \"timing post from Chris\" but I can't find it. Can somebedy help me find it? Thanks a lot in advance.
'98 All Motor H2B Coupe

thething96

Post by thething96 »

Those are really good number for n/a, especially that much torque! I just need some clarifications if I may. I myself am trying to tune individual cylinders on my jrsc integra type r. I did a good 3rd gear pull, but the timing marks were not clear at all, couldn't notice any type of marks. There were some variations in spark plug color, that's as close as I got to timing marks. Cylinder 3 also had a white layer of residue.???????????

FACETUNED
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by FACETUNED »

thething96 wrote:Those are really good number for n/a, especially that much torque! I just need some clarifications if I may. I myself am trying to tune individual cylinders on my jrsc integra type r. I did a good 3rd gear pull, but the timing marks were not clear at all, couldn't notice any type of marks. There were some variations in spark plug color, that's as close as I got to timing marks. Cylinder 3 also had a white layer of residue.???????????
Put a new set of plugs in then check.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Tacoma, Wa - USA FaceTuned.com

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

thething96 wrote:Those are really good number for n/a, especially that much torque! I just need some clarifications if I may. I myself am trying to tune individual cylinders on my jrsc integra type r. I did a good 3rd gear pull, but the timing marks were not clear at all, couldn't notice any type of marks. There were some variations in spark plug color, that's as close as I got to timing marks. Cylinder 3 also had a white layer of residue.???????????
stock cams too :wink: . New dyno chart should be here tomorrow after i put the ported head on. The color change IS the mark. The ground strap is heated through conduction resulting from the combustion heat. The hottest part of the plug is the tip of the ground strap. The hotter that ground strap gets, the closer the color change will be towards the base of the plug. heres the link to the post by chris http://bbmoto.net/wiki/index.php?ReadingSparkPlugs the white residue is the result of gas with a mixture of a small percentage of ethanol. Sometimes you will pull them out and not see any white residue and thats usually because you filled up at a station that had a very low ethanol content.