My B16 CRX 220HP N/A 350 on Spray

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

My B16 CRX 220HP N/A 350 on Spray

Post by Bugermass »

I tuned my car last night finally. Been working on it a peice at a time for about a year. Last time I had it running it made 199HP on a dynojet @ 8K and flatlined all the way to 9800.. (old graphs posted here somwhere) I suspected that the stock type-R header was clogging it up so we parked the car pulled everything apart and started a rebuild. The motor was on stock rods previously and I wanted to add spray so we rebuilt the motor with eagle rods. Put new rings in it (total seal) and got a hytech header for it. Heres the results. Add 15% for dynojet equivalent numbers and you get 253HP N/A and about 400HP on spray. ;) The shot was supposed to be a 200 Shot, but it was cold and we couldn't get the bottle pressure up. Due to this it was really rich on spray. Q16 likes to run lean. So I figured with the bottle pressure up and the fueling leaned out to the 12.5 range it'll probably do closer to 450HP if not more. The car was already spinning on the dyno when the spray hit so I decided to stop and see what it does on the track rather than keep beatin on the motor. Setup: B16 86MM Bore 14.5:1 Compression Eagle Rods Toda-C Cams JG/Edlebrock Manifold 72MM TB Hytech Header Supertech Valvetrane 310CC RC injectors @ 60PSI Stock Dizzy (MSD Died on the dyno) Rev limiter at 10.5K ;)
Attachments
IMG_0094.jpg
IMG_0094.jpg (375 KiB) Viewed 7098 times
IMG_0095.jpg
IMG_0095.jpg (399.67 KiB) Viewed 7098 times
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

After tunning I took the car out to the road nex to the shop to do a test pull. Was spinning all the way down the street, when I let off the car jerked to the right and I ended up head first into a concrete drainage ditch. Image Image Got some staples in my head. Had no harness on.. The hand of god was holding me, its the only way I can explain that I got out of the car and walked away with just bad swelling and a few staples in my head. I was probably doing about 60MPH when I hit the concrete part.

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Wow! You had some luck there! Nice thing you could just walk away from it, but the car :cry:

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

WOW Chris... that's fucked up. Was it your own car of a customers car? Take care dude! Get better soon.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

OWWWWW! I feel for ya... u should get a pic of the ditch, I am interested to see how big it is... Hope u get better soon!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

was my car.

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

Yikes, that sucks Chris...
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

88dx

Post by 88dx »

Sucks setup was making good power, hopefully you heal up and can fix the front end of the car.
I hate cars

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

nahh the car is wasted, the whole body accordianed up to the roll cage. I'm looking at an EK thats already setup as a hot rod chassis, got cage and sheet metaled and all.. gonna go toake a closer look at it this week and may pick it up..

elevation

Post by elevation »

I like your header, is it the right side of some v8 with a custom flange?.....Btw thanks for the lesson I'm building a 400hp ef and just ordered a roll cage rather than rods because seeing this reminds me a seasoned tuner/driver can still make mistakes.
regards eCtune authorized tuner eCtune team Colorado Springs, CO- USA elevationauto.com

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

HAHA, no its made by a company called hytech. He makes race headers. hes a header wizard. Basically you tell what your setup is and he'll build you a custom header specifically for it.

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Wow man Im really sorry to see this happen to you. You live and learn right, just come back bigger and badder next time.

calvin

Post by calvin »

Damm sorry to hear
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

sean18337

Post by sean18337 »

That suck man. Sorry to hear that.. Was that a wet shot?
Fastest 10.40 @ 140mph on E85 Car is for sale!!

MantisX

Post by MantisX »

What caused the car to jerk to the right?