D16Z6, vitaras, 46 trim t3/t04e

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Bugermass »

your probably knocking around peak TQ, you really need to be on a dyno so you can see what your TQ is doing, then you can pull timing where its most likely to knock and add timing everywhere else to get your power back.. You shouldn't be getting knock with the timing your running, thats pretty conservative.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

err post screenshots and your latest cal and I'll make changes to your cal for you to try, also so everyone can see how to do this with no dyno ;) .

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

Yup, I would really like to go to a dyno and do this too, but I cant afford any more dyno time now. Besides they wont let me be there when they tune my car on the last place I went to, so I wont learn anything, which sucks :( I wished there was some dyno that I could just rent and play with myself, but there's no one around as I know. Those last screenshots were from the latest bin where I smoothed out the graphs some, hoping to get a little flatter torque curve and less knock. But the porcelain was picking up aluminium anyway :( I'll attach the cal, if you could take a look at it it would be awesome :) I was thinking about putting in a clean plug and just do some pulls with gradually higher rpm and pull the plug, to see where it knocks. Like start at 2000 rpm, pull the plug and add 1000 rpm up to redline. I'll bring my detcan and see if I can hear something too, that way I should figure out what it sounds like, too :p
Attachments
tenningsmiks.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

Oh, and here's the cal that was on my ostrich right after I left the tuner (the dyno curves on my earlier post are done when running this cal).
Attachments
z6 gt2560r.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 159 times

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

I spent some hours on the side of the road today trying to figure out where it was knocking. I did pulls from 2000 rpm with 500rpm increments, until I reached redline, checking the plugs for specs every time. Seems like it was knocking from 4000 rpm and most of the way up. Had to pull a LOT of timing to avoid the shit on the porcelain. Came up with this map. The car doesnt feel too bad now, but the ignition maps looks redicilous... :p I bought a egt gauge today to see what it looks like, I'm a bit worried for the exhaust valves :p What do you think? Image Image
Attachments
tune.cal
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

wow, if you have to run that lilttle timing somthing else is wrong.. Better check your timing sync.. what kind of fuel are you running? and what AFRs?

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

Bugermass wrote:wow, if you have to run that lilttle timing somthing else is wrong.. Better check your timing sync.. what kind of fuel are you running? and what AFRs?
Yeah, thats what I'm beginning to think, but I dont know what to look for. Already checked timing sync and valve clearance, both were perfect. AFR's are around 11.5, sometimes dipping into low 11's, its a pretty fat fuel ring on the plugs, so I dont think my wideband is too bad. Fuel is 99 octane over here, so the same as 93 octane in the us(?). Its pretty even in every cylinder too. What else could be the problem?

David974

Post by David974 »

Could you take a picture of what you think is knock on your plugs? do you have det can?

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

David974 wrote:Could you take a picture of what you think is knock on your plugs? do you have det can?
OK, here's some pics of some plugs from my bucket of "almost brand new plugs" :p Its different plugs from the day I did some street tuning, so they are in no special order. I found out how to make the pics less blurry this time :) I have a couple homemade detcans. But I dont trust them with me in the end as a knock detecting system :p I didnt hear anything unusual in the area where I got this crap on the plugs... :/ This is knock, right? Image Image Image Image One thing I am starting to suspect is that the tip-in might be the problem. From 3500rpm even at low load this turbo pressurizes the charge pipes so that there's 2-3 psi once I open the throttle plate. It was at 0% before, and when I smashed the pedal, the afr's stayed in the 14's for a littel bit before thy stabilized in the 11's. I have it at 90% now, so once I open up, the afr's falls into low 11's. I'll try with a new plug in one cylinder and the "normal" ignition map tomorrow and see what happens...

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Black specs like that usually is unburnt carbon residue or \"fuel splash\" if you have silver metalic specs thats metal from the piston.. you may be running too little timing and not getting a completel burn. Those plugs look SUPER rich.. try leaning out your mixture to like 12.5:1 AFRs and check your plugs again. If the black specs go away then start adding timing back in.

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

Yeah, some of them were taken out after very low rpm pulls and it was probably a little rich down there... :p The two bottom plugs had specs that was sparkling, though, so it looked like aluminium. I diodnt know about that too much fuel could leave marks like that, so i'll try to keep that in mind :) Anyway, I cleaned up the fuelling, and added most of the ignition back, so its more or less the same as it was when I left the dyno. But with 80% tip-in enrichments. And the crap on the porcelain is gone now :) Well, there's still some tiny bits of something, but it looks more like the stuff that always gets on the plugs after some time, nothing like aluminium at least. I'm still trying to learn this stuff, so I tried to see where the color changes on the ground strap. I did 4 wot 3rd gear pulls on these plugs, and on the last pull before I shut off, I used a lot of brakes to really get the heat up. How does this look, and how far off am I with the marks on the ground strap? Or do I have to do more pulls on the same plug to get a really visible mark? I have never seen a really clear mark on any of my plugs, really :p 8,5 psi: Image Image 15 psi: Image Image