LS/VTEC, GT35R, interrupted

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

LS/VTEC, GT35R, interrupted

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

The goal for today was to break 500 whp, and due to substandard non-ply silicone couplers continuously slipping off we decided to pack it in until replacements could be sourced. Anyhoo... Stock geometry sleeved LS/VTEC Forgings of some sort Expensive IM and topmount GT35-AAARRRR!!11 Precision 880cc injectors Brian Crower cams Portflow head a bunch of other junk Image I like this dyno sheet, the boost controller hadn't been connected yet and as such boost was flat as a strap and it really shows off how flat the torque not-curve is. 11.x psi, 26 degrees of timing, 345 whp: Image As soon as the boost controller went on we spent a lot of time fiddling charge pipe. Useless. Anyway, looking at the torque somewhat-curve you can see where boost spiked to 18.x at 6000 rpms, dropped off to 15.x in the 6500 range, then picked back up 7000+ with 16.x psi for the peak number of 418 whp. Image The best part was the street tune, straddling the switch box and the temporarily mounted oil cooler, seated atop my impromptu raceseat. :) Image I might get to finish the car tomorrow, we'll see.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

full race gas tune i assume? on my LS/VTEC GT3582R turbo setup, im running a total of 13-14* timing at 10 psi making 366whp. that setup should be good for mid 500 whp. throw in some 1000cc's

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

Nice work :) did you update ectune to the latest version?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Joey Misanthropy

Car was broken in + will live on Torco 110, sorry I forgot to mention. Past 11 psi the engine started wanting a lot LESS timing. Pretty interesting, started shedding a deg/psi up to the 418 @ 16 psi bit. Calvin, not yet. I got the lecture from Dave B, tho, and ran an earlier .bin he provided.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Joey Misanthropy

The new couplers are supposed to arrive monday, but we decided to give it a try today anyway. All the charge pipe was wired together and the couplers were wrapped in gorilla tape to give the t-bolt clamps something to bite into. Waivering between 22-23 psi netted: Image I would have gone higher, but the very next pull one of the couplers burst. Oh, well.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

First to get 500whp with ectune! :lol:
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Dmc1

Post by Dmc1 »

Hey is that that Goforths crx? And Joey remember your HMT roots Radiator truck hose from napa works better than anything sold as a chargepipe coupler. Looks great though I can't wait until I get to tune some interesting cars. So far all Ive been able to do is Na lsvtecs and and other stock na honda motors all were ran on skunk2 ebay chips before I got ahold of them. Having 19 year old kids think I'm a tuning god is getting old.

Joey Misanthropy

No, it's not Goforth's. There is nothing remotely volumetrically efficient about his CRX. It hits peak horsepower at 6700 rpms and holds it flat as a strap until 9500 because the compressor is sucked dry. It'll see eCtune in due time.
Dmc1 wrote:Having 19 year old kids think I'm a tuning god is getting old.
It only gets worse, brother. The local guy I think is god has touched maybe fifteen or twenty Honduhs in his life, but he has a car he just detuned 250 whp for traction that came within .003 seconds of setting the track record at Rockingham. Nobody on the riceboy wavelength knows he exists, nor cares. :roll: Hey, Calvin, he'd make a great tester/authorized rep if you're interested. Aaron's shop is a super clean space with a sweet MD-1100SE dyno, and is a rolemodel for how a tuner should comport himself interpersonally and professionally.

calvin

Post by calvin »

i'll keep in mind.. Contact me about it mail...

Joey Misanthropy

I appreciate that, Calvin. I'm having trouble extracting more power from this car. The best the boost controller will do for me is 31 psi tapering to 27 psi: Image Notice the slight dip in the powerband due to a misfire? I'm having occaisional hiccoughs - idle, cruise, under pulls, etc - where the wideband flashes rich or lean for a second. I've tried earlier ROMs, gone from .40 to .37, etc, and no change. Long story short I think I fed the MSD HVC coil too much dwell and she's a crispy critter. Good stuff. I'm off to smash dinner, and will probably pull a late night between coil swap, MBC swap, and stuffing the silly DSS passenger axle back in the trans every fifth pull. 600 whp or bust, right?

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

Fucking nice :twisted: 600whp on 880cc injectors, you have to close to 90% DC.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

Joey Misanthropy

It was claiming 83%, I figured I'd bag 600 at 88-90% duty. 0.39 bsfc doesn't suck. I think the 11.x wastegate spring is too soft and causing all the boost taper issues. Shadyside tonight for some sweet 1/8th mile times.

BRMS

Shady Side NC

Post by BRMS »

Tonight at shadyside should bring a nice eventful night. The weather looks great and the car should be consistant. we'll look into the tps based launchcontrol settings for ultimate fun!

lsvtecEM1

Post by lsvtecEM1 »

That is a Bad A** set up.

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

through in a bigger spring! put in a big Tial spring AND a small tial spring! u will DEF. see the difference. that dip looks like where boost fell off. good numbers! put that thing in 600whp!!!