B16A T3/T4 6PSI 203WHP 139TRQ

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Bugermass »

you may have enough fuel but your timing values would be way too much since you more than likely did retard per PSI from atmosphere.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Bugermass wrote:you may have enough fuel but your timing values would be way too much since you more than likely did retard per PSI from atmosphere.
im not 100% sure its getting a wrong map signal changing the 5-8psi cols, changed afr as well.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

... If its reading the 8psi columb and you change the 8psi columb it will cause a change in AFR, but lets say hypothetically that at 8PSI the MAX timing you can run is 22deg and at 12 PSI its 18deg.. now if the map sensor is only reading to 8PSI and your really at 12PSI the ECU thinks your at 8 so your gonna have 22deg of timing at 12psi .. which could blow your motor.. Make sence?? sure you can tune the 8PSI columb to safely run the car at 12 ACTUAL psi, but I doubt that you did that so if your boost was actually higher than what the map sensor could read then you were probablly running more timing than what the motor could tolerate. I'm not saying for sure this is what happened, just that its possible and sounds like it may be what happened based on what you described..

patrickjr

Post by patrickjr »

i though that shock map will stop at 11.31 now before i turn on boost cut it would stop me if i got over 11.31 but now i have my boost cut at 11.00 and it does good
love fast honda

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Bugermass wrote:... If its reading the 8psi columb and you change the 8psi columb it will cause a change in AFR, but lets say hypothetically that at 8PSI the MAX timing you can run is 22deg and at 12 PSI its 18deg.. now if the map sensor is only reading to 8PSI and your really at 12PSI the ECU thinks your at 8 so your gonna have 22deg of timing at 12psi .. which could blow your motor.. Make sence?? sure you can tune the 8PSI columb to safely run the car at 12 ACTUAL psi, but I doubt that you did that so if your boost was actually higher than what the map sensor could read then you were probablly running more timing than what the motor could tolerate. I'm not saying for sure this is what happened, just that its possible and sounds like it may be what happened based on what you described..
makes alot of sense so i should get her on the dyno asap when tuning next time to be safe?

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

yup.. ;) I've seens stock map sensors read 11PSI, and I've had them stop reading as low as 7 PSI. Most of them seem to stop reading around 9-10 PSI, I rarely see 11 .. So just keep an eye on it.

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Bugermass wrote:yup.. ;) I've seens stock map sensors read 11PSI, and I've had them stop reading as low as 7 PSI. Most of them seem to stop reading around 9-10 PSI, I rarely see 11 .. So just keep an eye on it.
So its possible it went to 12psi and only read 8psi because of its limitation.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

exactly..

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Maybe because it's not supposed to read those value's since Honda doesn't make turbo engine's?

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

RoadXY wrote:Maybe because it's not supposed to read those value's since Honda doesn't make turbo engine's?
Calvin solved that problem long ago ;)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

What is a safe boost level / HP for my setup on 91Pump Gas T3 T4 60 Trim / .63 AR SRP Forge Pistons Eagle Rods?

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

Got back the cylinder head from machine shop. It was pressure tested and it has a crack in the head. IS this a potentional problem. could cause the detonation/damaged piston?

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

just finished disassemble the block im tired! so heres the deal. broken ringlands on all 4 pistons also found a broken 'valve spring' inside the cylinder head!

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

i got a datalog if that would help answer any questions?

calvin

Post by calvin »

post it burgermass is the best and have a look.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.