Stock B18CR 96'spec on some spray

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

wolve
http://phpbb3styles.net

Stock B18CR 96'spec on some spray

Post by wolve »

let's throw this graph up for shits and giggles now it's of the road again till next season -totally stock JDM B18CR 96'spec -stock cast 4-2-1 exhaustmani with 2.25\" collector -stock intake mani and tb -WAI with Apexi filter -full 2.5\" SS magnaflow/kteller exhaust combo -680cc precision injectors -inline bosch 044 pump -conservative progressive nitrous shot -tuned by me on ectune offcourse ;) (straight 98RON pump gas, no additives, this is like USA 94 octane ;) ) 13.6@104mph unprepped airfield on streettires (all motor) 13.3@103mph prepped track on streettires (all motor) 12.3@119mph prepped track on streettires (on spray, need traction/slicks :evil: ) 193whp all motor 319whp on spray (activation at 6000rpm, dynapack needed 300rpm to catchup :P ) needed finetuning on the track ;)
Attachments
dynowhp.jpg
dynowhp.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 24859 times
Last edited by wolve on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

wolve

Post by wolve »

for the people who think in bhp: it was around 222bhp allmotor and 367bhp on spray ;) next season bigger things are coming on semibuilt block aiming for 400+whp

pullig

Post by pullig »

what's the setup ? My bro has 98 spec r in his oo ek. It's fun to drive do u mind sharing the all motor tune so I can get an idea on timing for his

wolve

Post by wolve »

pullig wrote:what's the setup ? do u mind sharing the all motor tune so I can get an idea on timing for his
your kidding right? i listed the complete setup in the first post and you're asking what the setup is :? :P the all motor tune is quite simple. took stock b16 ignition maps for a starting point, made some minor adjustments (on the conservative side), checked for detonation on plugs and drove around two years (1 year on crome and 1 year on ectune) went to the dyno and baselined 188whp, few runs for finetuning netted 193.xxwhp ended up with way less ignition (stock manifold) friend of mine (bolton GSR) drove 1/2 year on my guestimate (conservative) ignition maps went to the dyno and baselined max power :P (194.xxwhp), finetuning netted a whole lot of midrange tough for a 98spec, take some B16 ignition maps, compare them to some GSR and figure out a nice conservative map. most of the time when your afr is spoton/close your within 3-5 percent of max power. then tune for max power on dyno ;)

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

good good stuff wolve;)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

pullig

Post by pullig »

Oh I'm sorry I should have been more clear. I was wanting to know the setup as in what chassis and slicks? Fully gutted that kinda thing

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

We want to see your .cal! haha, great result! It was nice to meet you 2 weeks ago ;)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Garrett
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Garrett »

stock rod and pistons :shock: progressive Nitrous help a lot I think
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

wolve

Post by wolve »

calvin wrote:good good stuff wolve;)
that was the next dynotrip after that dreaded lag in update:P
Oh I'm sorry I should have been more clear. I was wanting to know the setup as in what chassis and slicks? Fully gutted that kinda thing
it's all in a daily driven eg coupe on oldold crusty yoko advan's(old as in they have been lying outside/in shed for 2 years :P ) from b-pillar forward only the passenger seat was missing, from b-pillar backward it was emptied at the event it was driven to the track (400mile trip), switched wheels and removed some interior and rear bumper. ran my times and had fun, bolted stuff back in, switched wheels, put bumper on and drove 400miles back home
We want to see your .cal! haha, great result! It was nice to meet you 2 weeks ago
nice meeting you to ;) nice to meet people who know what they're talking about, breath of fresh air 8) cal is nothing special ;) 23.75 degrees of timing for max power (193whp on stock exhaust mani) suprised me tough
stock rod and pistons progressive Nitrous help a lot I think
progressive is key ;) did not help any against stupidity tough :( made bad judgement call repositioning the nitrousnozzle providing uneven nitrous distribution to all 4 every cilinder got even fuel tough, causing some serious lean conditions in some cilinders wich did'nt show up on the wideband creating a peakhole in my cil1 piston :P :( Image ahh well, next season bigger/better things aiming for 400-450whp and high tens ;)

pullig

Post by pullig »

Only 23 Degres timing? im using the stock p73 map on his itr and it runs the car good just doesnt seem to have to good top end... The timing for it is 28 degrees should i try lowering the timing to see if it leans out ? i mean 28 and 23 degrees is a pretty big difference

wolve

Post by wolve »

pullig wrote:Only 23 Degres timing? im using the stock p73 map on his itr and it runs the car good just doesnt seem to have to good top end... The timing for it is 28 degrees should i try lowering the timing to see if it leans out ? i mean 28 and 23 degrees is a pretty big difference
i don't know where the p73 map in ectune derrives from but... i choose not to run it because timing was way to agressive for my taste if it's actually the factory map (itr only came obd2) keep in mind the itr has a knock sensor onboard ;) i'd run lower timing if i where you. but get yourself to a dyno, when you have afr spoton it should only take 3-6 pulls to figure out WOT timing talking about top end, both on crome and ectune i started out with b16 maps. enough top end tough because i made 160mph (real gps speed) and it was still accelerating ;)

pullig

Post by pullig »

ok thanks for sharing i will try this out and see how it responds

Garrett
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Garrett »

the WOT timing really look like the timing I use on our realtime Acura Type R with pro2 cams when I adjust the timing without any pre-detonation, I reduce the timing of 12 degrees and the engine gave me 8 whp more :twisted:
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

Interesting timing and REALLY good power and drag times for a stock ITR motor I also run a EG coupe with removed seats and do a 13.6 @101mph with hoosier DOT drag radials 225/50/15 my motor has hytech style headers buddy club pro spec III 2.5\" system crank scraper bored TB to 65mm intake gasket, 189whp crome timing from 28-33 degrees with 98RON. amazing you are getting those trap speeds and times with the stock motor, must be a great motor. Most of the ITR's i tune put out 180-190whp no matter what i try.

wolve

Post by wolve »

Coupe-r wrote:Interesting timing and REALLY good power and drag times for a stock ITR motor I also run a EG coupe with removed seats and do a 13.6 @101mph with hoosier DOT drag radials 225/50/15 my motor has hytech style headers buddy club pro spec III 2.5" system crank scraper bored TB to 65mm intake gasket, 189whp crome timing from 28-33 degrees with 98RON. amazing you are getting those trap speeds and times with the stock motor, must be a great motor. Most of the ITR's i tune put out 180-190whp no matter what i try.
yeah i was like : something's not right at first to, cause i knew 104mph and factory 200-205bhp was not adding up :P had to find out on the dyno that it baselined at 188.xxwhp (13.6@104 mph was on crome map i streettuned, 188.xxwhp/193.xxwhp baseline/dynotuned and the 13.3@103mph was on ectune) i love happy suprises ;) crome timing is always a bit strange, as your actual timing always ends up being something different, that's why i like ectune ;) are the above times on a prepped track?
12.3@119mph nitrous-assisted grocery getter on street tires :D 193whp allmotor and 320whp on the funny gas