Stock B18CR 96'spec on some spray

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Coupe-r
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Coupe-r »

exactly , i have no idea what the REAL timing would be on my motor. I just know in the logging it was reading 28-33 deg at times on full throttle vtec. Nah shitty unprepped track at meremere in NZ, a lot worse than what you would get. But trap speed shows HP. Im about 4-5kph slower than you, maybe weight comes into this. I have similar HP. although my motor is modded a bit more than yours, dunno how you gettig that out of stock header. Think my motor could do with a rebuild tho, maybe would need 195hp after i guessing if it was fresh.

wolve

Post by wolve »

Coupe-r wrote:exactly , i have no idea what the REAL timing would be on my motor. I just know in the logging it was reading 28-33 deg at times on full throttle vtec
i think there lies a few whp... inconsistent timing can easily cost 4-6whp, 28-33 deg is 5 degrees difference, that's alot
Coupe-r wrote:But trap speed shows HP. Im about 4-5kph slower than you, maybe weight comes into this. I have similar HP. although my motor is modded a bit more than yours, dunno how you gettig that out of stock header
remember, track tells power! dyno is just a tuning device :wink: what's the altitude you live/race at? i live in holland a few meters below sealevel, and i raced in belgium and england (don't know the altitude)
12.3@119mph nitrous-assisted grocery getter on street tires :D 193whp allmotor and 320whp on the funny gas

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

what do you mean about consitent timing. there is always a timing curve to motors i tune, they are never rock solid 25 deg right through the vtec range. i have the timing tuned to max power in all areas i could. I was racing in meremere, New Zealand. No idea of altitude, its not high tho, prob close to sea level. im only a little off your power, but I have more mods. I wan to see what power your motor makes with similar mods to my motor!

wolve

Post by wolve »

sorry, misunderstanded the timing thing my engine will never see similair mods as you anymore .... the rebuild is going to consist of cams, rods, pistons and some custom goodies by me remains stock sleeved b18c tough... maybe i'll even ditch the head in favor for a GSR head, the very good power this head made makes me doubt tough.... the head being the only variable as the 96' spec itr got handported from the factory :roll:
12.3@119mph nitrous-assisted grocery getter on street tires :D 193whp allmotor and 320whp on the funny gas

DyeceDic73

Stock B18CR 96spec on some spray

Post by DyeceDic73 »

Was this on stock boost levels? I was going to upgrade to the TVS1900, but that graph looks like the 2300 has no problems down low. Hmmmmm, maybe Ill be going bigger now.

wolve

Re: Stock B18CR 96spec on some spray

Post by wolve »

DyeceDic73 wrote:Was this on stock boost levels? I was going to upgrade to the TVS1900, but that graph looks like the 2300 has no problems down low. Hmmmmm, maybe Ill be going bigger now.
boost? tvs1900? :? what grass have you been smoking? :P