Stock LS, Greddy 18G 249.2whp/246.5wtq

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ckretvix
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by ckretvix »

I just got rid of that 18g and have a 28r on the same manifold and a 3\" elbow downpipe. Very nice street setup.

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

Almighty-Si wrote: I think you would benefit greatly porting the head. What are the plans now or you going to leave it the way it is? Oh by any chance do you still have the GReddy elbow laying around?
Although i would gain some high end by porting, i'd loose some low end and this is my DD so... Yea, I do have the Greddy elbow laying around, looking for one?
Team-Integra member (TheAlpha) Silver Integra LS-T 250whp/246wtq @13psi

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

TheGuardian wrote:
Almighty-Si wrote: I think you would benefit greatly porting the head. What are the plans now or you going to leave it the way it is? Oh by any chance do you still have the GReddy elbow laying around?
Although i would gain some high end by porting, i'd loose some low end and this is my DD so... Yea, I do have the Greddy elbow laying around, looking for one?
I don't think that you would lose that much and it might help bring the torque up higher in the rpm range making it a little flatter. I bet it feels sweet though regardless. How much you want for it ? I don't really need it, a friend is looking to upgrade his elbow but can't afford the down time with his car so he needs it basically to copy the bend.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I doubt you'll gain much by porting the head.. In this case your manifold is a restriction and porting the head probably won't create much more flow.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

Almighty-Si wrote:
TheGuardian wrote:
I don't think that you would lose that much and it might help bring the torque up higher in the rpm range making it a little flatter. I bet it feels sweet though regardless. How much you want for it ? I don't really need it, a friend is looking to upgrade his elbow but can't afford the down time with his car so he needs it basically to copy the bend.
I few bucks + shipping...not much, what is his zip code? And yes...she already pulls pretty hard :) @Bugermass: So if I upgraded to a Blox or Skunk 2 intake manifold that should help my top end correct?

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

TheGuardian wrote:I few bucks + shipping...not much, what is his zip code? And yes...she already pulls pretty hard :) @Bugermass: So if I upgraded to a Blox or Skunk 2 intake manifold that should help my top end correct?
His zip is 27587...let me know.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

probably not.. heading porting or new manifolds will probably be more noticable in the lower revs.. But once you get in the higher revs/boost no matter how good air flows into your head it still can't flow out cause of the manifold. Bang for Buck, right now you'd propably get more from getting a good equal length tubular manifold than you would any other upgrades.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

ColtonVTECs

Post by ColtonVTECs »

Wow nice numbers on the Greddy kit! The most we made with th 18g kit and DSM 450cc was 260whp and 209tq @ 18psi and we were having some bad creeping issues. I always wanted to see how much power I could make getting rid of the elbow to a 2.5 or 3in dp. I miss my old 18g set up it is definitely DD able, but I got rid of it for a Precision sc6162s.
Im eCtune'd www.FACETUNED.com Full Race Fabrication Tony 253-224-1792 Tacoma, WA 98444

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

With the 28r and a skunk2 intake i've noticed the powerband doesnt drop off (You can see it in the fuel graph to) as much up top as it normally does, but I blame the stock cams more then anything. That manifold does suck for flow though.

TheGuardian

Post by TheGuardian »

ckretvix wrote:With the 28r and a skunk2 intake i've noticed the powerband doesnt drop off (You can see it in the fuel graph to) as much up top as it normally does, but I blame the stock cams more then anything. That manifold does suck for flow though.
I didn't relize you installed a skunk 2 intake, I have always thought by adding that on a b18b the powerband would be moved to high up in the RPM range. Are you sure the cams are the problem? I've read of stock b18b heads supporting up to 500whp, and thats with the stock intake as well. Honestly I think the biggest restriction in our setups is the greddy exhaust manifold.

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

Im running the edelbrock exhaust manifold now, it seems to spool alot quicker and sounds like its breather easier up top. But no, swapping cams can yield real good numbers