Stock B18C Spec-R '98 with I/H/E

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Civic VTI-Turbo
http://phpbb3styles.net

Stock B18C Spec-R '98 with I/H/E

Post by Civic VTI-Turbo »

Customer of mine, really nice car! Runs really smooth, VTec @ 4500 rpm. 210 bhp with really hot wether. 218 bhp with cold/wet wether (other dyno) -Skunk 2 intake manifold -Hondata heathshield -Hytech repl header 4-2-2-1(small tube) -Nvidia G200 catback with 2,5 cat 200 cell -Fidanza 3.6kg vliegwiel -Act clutch -Blox velocity stack airfilter(the huge M*F*) -Injen 3\" integra cai -Obd 1 conversion P06 ecu converted P28 with eCtune tune'd by me! -Msd 6a, externe bobine 8.5mm kabels Image Image Image 2nd time on a other dyno and colder wether: Image
Attachments
first tune.cal
First tune
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
Last edited by Civic VTI-Turbo on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
van Drie Tuning eCtune authorized tuner the Netherlands

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

whats up with the low vtec pont? all the b18cr's I tune love it at 5250 rpm. My b18cr is around 190whp so figures are on par. What are others vtec point on stock B18cr with similar mods?

Civic VTI-Turbo

Coupe-r wrote:whats up with the low vtec pont? all the b18cr's I tune love it at 5250 rpm. My b18cr is around 190whp so figures are on par. What are others vtec point on stock B18cr with similar mods?
Tri-Y header loves a low vtec engagement.... try it! I've made a custom ign map for VTec. As you can see, it works! Most of the time i also use 5250/5300, but this one didn't liked it at all!

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

You can see the dip in power at 4500 in those graphs...I would raise it personally.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Civic VTI-Turbo

xenocron wrote:You can see the dip in power at 4500 in those graphs...I would raise it personally.
The last dyno was a cheap ass dyno... here is the vid: CLICK People around the car said it was bouncing on the dyno.... Anyway... If i raise the vtec it won't go any faster, but slower! I've tested several times....

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by xenocron »

Civic VTI-Turbo wrote:
xenocron wrote:You can see the dip in power at 4500 in those graphs...I would raise it personally.
The last dyno was a cheap ass dyno... here is the vid: CLICK People around the car said it was bouncing on the dyno.... Anyway... If i raise the vtec it won't go any faster, but slower! I've tested several times....
Faster on what?
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

i have a tri y header and still haven't seen vtec needing to come in that low? faster on what? i guess at the end of the day when racing you are NEVER below 5k (well for me 6.5k-7k) like tp hear from others with an ITR?

relic1

Post by relic1 »

I ran my VTEC point that low when I had a bottleneck in the exhaust that I didn't know about (went down to just under 2\" at one point) Opening it up to 2.5\" straight through raised the VTEC point back to the normal 5000-5500 range. Also, the Hytech 4-2-1 replica header seems to like the VTEC point slightly lower than either of my other headers. It's a good header, makes good power across the board, just breathes slightly different. (250-500 RPM lower) I need to get some graphs for some different setups the next time my smoke breather is strapped down...
this is my $0.02, keep in mind that I can't spell

Civic VTI-Turbo

Coupe-r wrote:i have a tri y header and still haven't seen vtec needing to come in that low? faster on what? i guess at the end of the day when racing you are NEVER below 5k (well for me 6.5k-7k) like tp hear from others with an ITR?
Are you running eCtune now? No more Crome? :P The customer is going to run the car on the dyno again, this time with vtec high and also with vtec low. And than we will see what is better for this setup.

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

i guess you could just plot where the lines intersect. remember to change igition timing to suit low and high cam.

pullig

Post by pullig »

is there any chance you could post the map .. Im very interested to see what timing values this motor likes

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

P.S what gear was your run done in, sounds like 2nd :shock: or 3rd? Here is a plot of my stock internal 97 spec ITR motor with: short ram intake hytech style tri y headers buddyclub spec 3 pro exhaust omin test pipe bored TB to 70/65mm intake gasket crank scraper crome tuned vtec at 5250rpm and 189hp at the wheels, the bumps in the graph are the dyno braking i believe. done in 4th gear. (NOTE: not running 12:1, its 13:1 on my LC-1) Image
Last edited by Coupe-r on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Civic VTI-Turbo

pullig wrote:is there any chance you could post the map .. Im very interested to see what timing values this motor likes
I've added the cal.

Civic VTI-Turbo

Update: Intake portmatch with 68mm TB + 310cc RC injectors. VTec cross over high(Blue line @ 5600 rpm) and low(Pink line @ 4100 rpm) This is a Tovami dyno witch only reads WHP. Image

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

doesnt really matter what other engines have previously had as a vtec threshold. You tune the engine as you see it. Did the same thing with ALL h22's (stock cams) that have cold air intakes. ALL of them like vtec around 4200-4300.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO