H22 N/A Build - 215whp/156tq

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

marshall.hagen
http://phpbb3styles.net

H22 N/A Build - 215whp/156tq

Post by marshall.hagen »

Since this is the third forum this is being posted on, this is simply a copy/paste. Cal and datalog posted at end. I started on the cleaning/assembly of the motor this last spring. Just got it installed in July, then the wedding/honeymoon happened, so my friend had to wait until this weekend for me to finish the tune on the dyno. He summed up the points fairly well... This is copy/paste from the H-T thread started by the car's owner: Chassis: '94 Prelude VTEC (BB1) Engine: ('95 H22A1 rebuilt with the following parts at ~85k miles) -JDM Prelude Type-S Pistons (11:1 c/r) -Eagle Rods -Stock Crank Pulley -Kaizenspeed Balance Shaft Eliminator kit -Skunk2 Pro 2 Camshafts -Skunk2 Tuner Cam Gears (not tuned) -Skunk2 Pro Valve Springs w/ Spring base kit & Titanium Retainers -Stock Valves -Skunk2 Intake Manifold -Professional Products 68mm Throttle Body -Fujita (F5) 3\" Cold Air Intake Fuel: -Precision 440cc Injectors -Stock Fuel Pump Exhaust: -GReddy 4-2-1 Header w/ 2.5\" collector mod -Magnaflow Spun Metallic 3\" High Flow Cat -Custom 3\" Cat-back Exhaust with 2 resonators and Magnflow Muffler Transmission: -Competition Clutch Lightweight Flywheel (13.65 lbs) -Exedy Stage 1 Organic Racing Clutch -OBX LSD Tuned by 92typer on eCtune - SAE #'s reported Image Dyno was losing signal as you can see, so obviously the peak torque is wrong. This was our final run. We picked up 216.x whp SAE on another run, but slightly lower torque. Cam Gears have not been tuned yet. A/F was street tuned by 92typer a few days before our dyno appointment. Car was running full exhaust with cat and P/S and A/C is still intact. Note: After finishing up, we noticed that the intake pipe was not properly aligned and seated against the the throttle body. The intake pipe is at least 1/2-3/4\" offset to the TB opening and not sitting flush against the TB as it should, instead there is a noticeable gap. During the original install, it was indeed a tight and rather forced fit but I guess I just didn't think to check on it or notice it until after the dyno session. So the intake coupler has now stretched itself to this point over the last few weeks or so that the car sat before tuning. I'm sure that cost us some power too. Hurting power? Probably... Image We will be going back to the dyno within the next month or two most likely, with the intake problem rectified and we plan on exploring some other Header options, as the current GReddy header is definitely a weak link in the setup. A Big Thanks to everyone involved: Marshall (92typer) - for the engine build, tuning, tranny work, and more Stefan (onefstek) - for the awesome fab work on the custom 3\" exhaust Chris (racerboyb18c1) - for the work on the cylinder head DonF and 98vtec for their help assisting 92typer along the way eCtune - For their great tuning software Meridian Performance in Bellingham - For coming in on Saturday to let us use the dyno. Tim is a super cool guy and has a great shop. Highly recommended. 4th gear pull: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTITirzbmJI
Attachments
Mike_091109_13.elf
Datalog of 3rd gear pull
(119.78 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Street tune vs Final Tune
Street tune vs Final Tune
Mike_Base_vs_Final_09-12-2009.jpg (186.99 KiB) Viewed 5907 times
MikeH22_Final_09-12-2009.cal
Cal file
(8.51 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

wow, im surprised it liked so much timing on the low cam. I havent done the pro2 setup i street tuned on the dyno yet so that was pretty interesting to see. Looks good though marshall. I bet its a blast to drive.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

Garrett
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Garrett »

I dynoed a similar setup as yours Accord 2003 H22a engine 11.5:1 CR Skunk2 Pro2 cams Skunk2 Pro Series intake manifold Hytech REAL header stock 290 cc injectors Short ram intake with cheap ass filter Image
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

D.Oxync

H22 N/A Build 215whp/156tq

Post by D.Oxync »

I know with better top end airflow there is another 30hp easily. Right now Im on stock cams, springs, and valves. All I did was port the exhaust side of the head. But I dont think were going to hit 400whp with the Harrop unless some Q16 is thrown in the mix. Its a great blower, but it has limits.

98vtec

Re: H22 N/A Build 215whp/156tq

Post by 98vtec »

D.Oxync wrote:I know with better top end airflow there is another 30hp easily. Right now Im on stock cams, springs, and valves.
huh?
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

thething96

Post by thething96 »

A whole bunch of random replies have been posted lately. I've seen some begining a couple of weeks ago. The site is going coocoo for cocoa puffs!

Hatch h22 all-motor

Post by Hatch h22 all-motor »

I think it should get more power than that with all the mods you have listed i would try to retune it!
h22 stock N/A

Hatch h22 all-motor

fuel pressure

Post by Hatch h22 all-motor »

how much fuel pressure are you running
h22 stock N/A

marshall.hagen

Re: fuel pressure

Post by marshall.hagen »

Hatch h22 all-motor wrote:how much fuel pressure are you running
Stock fuel system minus injectors.

leed

Post by leed »

Very nice Marshall :)

marshall.hagen

Post by marshall.hagen »

leed wrote:Very nice Marshall :)
Thanks Dave.

Mike95lude

Post by Mike95lude »

This is my car, thanks guys :) Marshall and I will be going back to the dyno sometime this winter to do some further tuning. Since this last dyno, we'll be trying some new things: 1. Header has been changed to Private Label MFG Tri-Y 4-2-1 2. Valve Cover has been \"mooncut\" to allow Marshall to do some cam gear tuning 3. Intake to Throttle Body connection will be fixed (fuel line needed to be bent down coming out of the fuel filter to provide more clearance) 4. We'll test 4 different intake combination a) 3\" CAI w/ cone filter b) 3\" CAI w/ Velocity Stack and 6\" OD cone filter c) 3\" SRI w/ cone filter d) 3\" SRI w/ Velocity Stack and 6\" OD cone filter 5. And if time permits, for shits and grins, drop the exhaust after the header to see what we can get out of it :)