My first tune / B20 non vtec all motor

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

thething96
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by thething96 »

For example, a type r with like toda vtec killer cams, that setup would be considered nonvtec, correct? I know both heads might flow differently, but let's say a very well ported high flowing LS head should make good n/a power?

kBS

Post by kBS »

9400RPMS wrote:
thething96 wrote:It shouldn't matter if the engine is vtec or not to hit that 220whp mark. The main difference between is vtec=low cam lobe and high cam lobe, non-vtec= high cam lobe only. If both setups flow similar, have similar mods,cam lift and duration is similar,both should make the same power, right?
Not really Vtec heads, valves, ports and everything flow differently from a "non" vtec head.
My B20 non vtec head has 33/28 mm valves from Honda as a B16a head, and the intake port is more direct and bigger than a B16a :) The limit of the head is on the lift of the cams and nobody has aftermaket valves on it :(

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I have a custom grind LS cam that carries power to 9K if your interested.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

non-vtec

Post by non-vtec »

one other header you should consider is from bismoto. if you contact them and give them the info about your setup they can custom make a nice header for you. their stuff works really well. http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2660137

kBS

Post by kBS »

Bugermass wrote:I have a custom grind LS cam that carries power to 9K if your interested.
I have sent you a PM Thanks

Hatch h22 all-motor

Post by Hatch h22 all-motor »

i would be happy to get that much from a non vtec. If u want more power than u need to put a vtec head on it and it would be alot better all around the board. vtec is the only way to go.
h22 stock N/A

thething96

Post by thething96 »

My B20 non vtec head has 33/28 mm valves from Honda as a B16a head, and the intake port is more direct and bigger than a B16a
Most cases what you're saying is true, but with good resources, all motors non-vtec can and will make more power that vtecs. Just look at Bisi, with his single cam, non-vtec, all motor Insight. Granted some of us wouldn't have that much income, time, and knowledge to do the same, but it can be done......