here what I think about CROME!!

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

here what I think about CROME!!

Post by Bugermass »

Bone Stock LS with a 16G.. Dotted line by a competators shop on CROME 17PSI.. Solid Line, my tune on eCtune same exact boost, same day.. Car went 11.2@117 in a full interior CRX on 22in slicks. Image We turned the boost up to 26PSI and fried the clutch at 370HP a couple weeks later. ;)
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

OutSTANDING gains.. Cromepro isn't a bad product for a mostly stock tune or a basic bolton setup.. when you get more in depth like turboing, it becomes less steller a program to use.. I've used alot of products, i'd say ectune is the best by far..
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

utkuselamoglu

Post by utkuselamoglu »

9400RPMS wrote:OutSTANDING gains.. Cromepro isn't a bad product for a mostly stock tune or a basic bolton setup.. when you get more in depth like turboing, it becomes less steller a program to use.. I've used alot of products, i'd say ectune is the best by far..
+1 ectune changes results dramatically.
utku selamoglu

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Its good to see someone do this. I bet that other shops going to love it! Hope everything is well Chris! DK
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

How capable was the competators shop, tuning wise? Did he use the same ign. value's?

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

heh, I don't know what timing values he used. I can't really comment on his tuning.. either way I made more power ;) .. Apprantly this was the second motor, the previous motor they tried to turn up the boost more and blew the motor. Funny since I did 26PSI on the same turbo setup on the new motor with no issues other than a slipping clutch.

9400RPMS

Post by 9400RPMS »

Bugermass wrote:heh, I don't know what timing values he used. I can't really comment on his tuning.. either way I made more power ;) .. Apprantly this was the second motor, the previous motor they tried to turn up the boost more and blew the motor. Funny since I did 26PSI on the same turbo setup on the new motor with no issues other than a slipping clutch.
Like we discussed last night, Crome's timing values are alittle iffy, when they were supposely running 21 degs wot at 17psi, they were really running 35ish you know? lol.. I stick to what i said.. =)
DDTech | DDTECHCAMS.COM

RoadXY

Post by RoadXY »

Bugermass wrote:heh, I don't know what timing values he used. I can't really comment on his tuning.. either way I made more power ;)
Hahaha, true! That's the only thing that matters :lol:

DSMR

Post by DSMR »

9400RPMS wrote:
Bugermass wrote:heh, I don't know what timing values he used. I can't really comment on his tuning.. either way I made more power ;) .. Apprantly this was the second motor, the previous motor they tried to turn up the boost more and blew the motor. Funny since I did 26PSI on the same turbo setup on the new motor with no issues other than a slipping clutch.
Like we discussed last night, Crome's timing values are alittle iffy, when they were supposely running 21 degs wot at 17psi, they were really running 35ish you know? lol.. I stick to what i said.. =)
I thought that was fixed in some of the newer versions. My personal experience has been that I have no problem taking out timing. I tried this on a car recently and I could really tell a difference. I pulled a buttload of timing out of a boost map to see if it would run like crap. It did. Next test I did was to tune the car normally at a set PSI then take out timing from the last used boost column I was on. Well I did that and the car turned into a turd. This is just my experience and I know that there can be other variables. On topic though, eCtune kills crome in ease of use and less bugs.

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

Nice results Chris but I think your tuning skills had more to do with the results you got rather than the different software used :wink:

kBS

Post by kBS »

Good work! Something similar happened to me, I made 254 whp with eCtune, then the same car with 52mm TB (before it had Performer X 68mm tb) and Haltech made 6 less whp :roll:

Garrett
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Garrett »

good test a shop challenge to do the same things with me, finally this shop pissed off :lol:
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec, Canada www.precisionautocanada.com

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

hah, yeah the other shop still uses crome. some people are just cheap.

combz

Post by combz »

i switched to crome for a day because i had to lend someone my ostrich this week, and still needed to drive my car.. i had no issues with crome, obviously a crappier program, but its very simple to use, once you realize you have to do some gay shit like \"remove checksum routine\" and add these plugins to get the program features lol. the most notable thing that i found easier was fuel cut. I didnt have to do a damn thing in crome to get fuel cut working properly...and you actually have to do things to get it to work properly with ectune.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

fuel cuts weird, cause the default load values are too low. Changing that.