here what I think about CROME!!

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Vtec6000
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Vtec6000 »

combz wrote:i switched to crome for a day because i had to lend someone my ostrich this week, and still needed to drive my car.. i had no issues with crome, obviously a crappier program, but its very simple to use, once you realize you have to do some gay shit like "remove checksum routine" and add these plugins to get the program features lol. the most notable thing that i found easier was fuel cut. I didnt have to do a damn thing in crome to get fuel cut working properly...and you actually have to do things to get it to work properly with ectune.
that's handy, did it define the fuel restore point itself also?

combz

Post by combz »

ummm..restore i am not really sure...i didnt pay attention to that. on a positive note for ectune...damn it was easy to get my ostrich working again with it. I was so sketched out hearing about people having problems getting their ostrich to work again with ectune after switching.. i literally plugged it back into my pc..went into the emulator info and hit request license...and thats it...it was reregistered..lol..like i didnt have to do anything! sweet! but yeah about ectune fuel cut...it was easy to tune..basically i just kepy lowering the mbar in fuel cut options until my car actually stayed in fuel cut when it was supposed to... if the mbar is set too high fuel cut will \"flicker\" on and of. seems to work well for me at 256mbar. Above 1800 rpm, restore below 1300. However...i still get the \"jerks\" at very light throttle. i dont think its related to fuel cut anymore but perhaps could try adjusting the min tps from 5% to something else

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

set it to 1% or even 0
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Why not just disable both the fuel cuts, I make sure both of those box's are checked on every car I tune. Tune the tip out and the 1st and 2nd columns out, its easy. It makes the on off throttle transition smooth and will be smoother than butter in the 0-3% tps range with no pops, cracks, studders, etc. To tune the 1 and 2 columns out, I just take it up to 4k, let off leaving it in gear, watch the air fuels, make sure they go and stay on decel @ 13.5-14.5 AFR. There are several ways like you already know to add fuel to the 1 and 2 columns, but I dont just manuplate a few cells at a time, that roughens the map. At least grab the whole column and raise and lower it as needed. But say if it needs to be richer on 'in gear decel', I just grab the first column, add 10-15%. Then grab columns 1-3 and 'interpolate column X values'. [control + shift + C]. This will make everything all even and symmetrical like it should be. Then after if the fuel curve needs to be manipulated or more smoothing is needed, just smooth and bend a few columns and grab a bunch and use the interpolate buttons. One of the most used buttons in this program needs to be your interpolate buttons, its how you tune these fast, like start to finish 30-45min of laptop time. You also get beautiful looking maps.
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

Vtec6000

Post by Vtec6000 »

TopMountGSR wrote:Why not just disable both the fuel cuts, I make sure both of those box's are checked on every car I tune. Tune the tip out and the 1st and 2nd columns out, its easy. It makes the on off throttle transition smooth and will be smoother than butter in the 0-3% tps range with no pops, cracks, studders, etc. To tune the 1 and 2 columns out, I just take it up to 4k, let off leaving it in gear, watch the air fuels, make sure they go and stay on decel @ 13.5-14.5 AFR. There are several ways like you already know to add fuel to the 1 and 2 columns, but I dont just manuplate a few cells at a time, that roughens the map. At least grab the whole column and raise and lower it as needed. But say if it needs to be richer on 'in gear decel', I just grab the first column, add 10-15%. Then grab columns 1-3 and 'interpolate column X values'. [control + shift + C]. This will make everything all even and symmetrical like it should be. Then after if the fuel curve needs to be manipulated or more smoothing is needed, just smooth and bend a few columns and grab a bunch and use the interpolate buttons. One of the most used buttons in this program needs to be your interpolate buttons, its how you tune these fast, like start to finish 30-45min of laptop time. You also get beautiful looking maps.
Yeah im going to go with this method, its so much smoother when you leave fuel cut disabled. btw check your email DK :wink:

siregcivic

Post by siregcivic »

very nice that is a big difference... i tuned my friends turbo h22 on crome pro it made 409whp and 283tq on 14psi i was pretty suprised i wanted him to go ectune but he didnt have the money at the time... at 14psi on crome i was running 12.5 degrees of timing anything else and it lost power and crome kept pissing me off it kept leaning out up top but i think that was more of the injector being maxxed out lol 550cc if he converts to ectune i will definately post results :)

bigdaddyvtec

Post by bigdaddyvtec »

Meh, I made 620 on Crome for 2 years without ever having an issue... Went to eCtune when visioning 700 + though... Its definately a better system... Id like to think John would revamp Crome :O)
750WHP 575 TQ Leed/eCtuned H22 CD5 Trick SLUT GFI: HOLLA!!! We build FAST

cain_tuned

Post by cain_tuned »

Back to Burgermass first post can you post the tune i like to see the ignition maps , dam thats alot of boost on a stock motor did it atleast have head studs and how the hell did you get 20+ psi