84mm ITR, T04E plus a sixty shot 541 whp 372 wtq

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

84mm ITR, T04E plus a sixty shot 541 whp 372 wtq

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

84mm ITR Precision 1000cc injectors SC44 (.60 T04E compressor, stage 5 .63 AR turbine) GM 3 bar Torco 110 Installed in the One True Honduh Chassis (that's an 88-89 CRX HF, for the record) First dyno pull made 333 whp at 11.x psi off the wastegate: Image I thought that was pretty good for not even touching ignition timing - generic .75 deg/psi retard off of a GSR basemap - and left it as the car is never operated below 400 whp anyway. I was a bit confused how the VTEC setting that the car had run for the last couple years, and dynoed well, created such a dip, but as boost went up the VTEC went back down. AVC-R are glitchy wonders. It took five pulls and the car was making 430 whp at 19 psi. I didn't get a chance to copy all the dyno plots I wanted, this plot especially, if I remember I'll update this thread with them. It took a bit of work to extract this chart, as the AVC-R was being feisty and the boost was cycling 25-28 psi while the silly thing tried to compensate. It was mostly an exercise in manually fiddling duty@rpm on the AVC-R to hold target boost, as you can still see from the wave in the tq curve: Image 33 whp isn't a big jump, but keep in mind the compressor is close to being sucked dry. The main difference between this chart and the 430 @ 19 psi chart is a whole LOT of midrange power and torque. The car made an all-around best on turbo of 477 whp and 338 (?) wtq off of 30 psi tapering to 25 at 9K and being able to bring in and hold 30.x psi for the majority of the powerband made even more midrange power. Running the car that close to the MAP sensor's limit without crossing over was actually fun, and the power from 6700+ was 470-477 whp all the way across to revlimit was flat as a strap. The vehicle owner is a raving lunatic and insisted I tune a 60 shot from 6000+ rpms. First pull was at wastegate... it caused boost to rise to 13.x psi, up two psi from the wastegate spring, and made 421 whp and (?) wtq with AFRs ranging 11.1-10.9 to 1 and a conservative 4 degrees dialled out. Second pull we went for the gold and sprayed on the 30 psi setting without jetting leaner (I suspected the Walbro was nearing it's limit) and timing retarded 3 degrees. The boost fluctuated up and down a little but didn't go above 30.x, logged pretty steady 11.7-11.8:1 with one or two jumps to 12.0-12.1:1, resulting in: Image Most of the fluctuation in the chart above was where AFRs cycled lean. I think nitrous at this level gets quenched pretty easy, as the dips were the richer AFRs and the spikes the leaner. The timing retard while spraying is back to 4 degrees. The plugs looked okay, meaning the engine was okay, but were borderline to my eye. Interesting stuff.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

hehe, yea nitrous causes weirdness... its very finiky at most times.. Nice graphs though..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Joey Misanthropy

I think most of the dips would have been taken out if we'd been using a mechanical boost controller, but the 30 psi pull was at the limit of the compressor so things definitely acted wierd. We had manually set the AVC-R to get the boost delivery smooth, and the nitrous kicked it out of sync... or at least that is my best guess. I've been wanting more nitrous experience... I just wanted a milder setup than this to learn on. I'm glad things went smoothly.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

nice numbers
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Your screen name should be 'Joey Sick in the Da Head'
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

alpha

Post by alpha »

Great results
- Brotherz Racing (Dynojet 424X) - 4610 Lois Ave Tampa, FL 33614 - Shop: 813.870.7223 Tuning: 727.505.1423

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

How fast is this car? 1/4mile?

Dmc1

Post by Dmc1 »

Gaskleppie wrote:How fast is this car? 1/4mile?
On the Old C*R*O*ME tune it was running in the mid 10's I'll be at the track in Indianapolis tomorrow when they run it! I can't wait to see it run in person!

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

Great numbers. I live in fl and heard about this car. Old customer/friend called me telling me about it. Small world, lol.

blundar

Post by blundar »

Nice work Joey. You're such a slacker. :P
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA \"That motor's hit!\" - me

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

I'll be at the track in Indianapolis tomorrow when they run it! I can't wait to see it run in person!
And? Did it blow minds, or did it blow it selfs?

Dmc1

Post by Dmc1 »

:twisted: I was there the car blew minds and made the compition sweat...But it's Josephs story I'll let him tell it.

Joey Misanthropy

sewell94 wrote:Great numbers. I live in fl and heard about this car. Old customer/friend called me telling me about it. Small world, lol.
Oh? Details? I've talked to John at LHT about the car previously, as he did all the finish assembly and fab and the original tune on the car, and I think I linked him to this thread. It's a really sweet car, mostly due to the simplicity of the setup. For the record, because of this car I'll never use a mount kit to lay a B-series into an ED-chassis ever again. Anyway, it's no longer white: Image Previous best at Rockingham of 10.38@147, car made 411 whp at that time and had less done to the suspension. It was running faster at the same up to ~470whp power levels - I could hear the car hooking in second, which is new. It should be in the 9's without the 60 shot. The CRX has no breather setup, we had issues with excess crankcase pressure popping the dipstick out, and also the turbo is legitimately going south on us which is where all the smokescreen stuff developed on us. It's held together for a super long time, it's just a shame it had to come home on us now... but after 350+ dragstrip passes and unholy street terror while Jason's owned it, not counting the previous owner's negligence and abuse, and I have no idea it's history of ownership while in FL but judging from the damage at the top of #4 bore it looks like someone sprayed on it and lost an electrode at some time in the past... :P Yeh, I guess nobody can complain. The CRX should be on the 3rd episode of King of the Strip, and the smokescreen that developed halfway through the matchup was quite impressive. There was a little oil on the pistons after that run from inadequate crankcase ventilation, but the plugs looked really good, just like they did on the dyno. The very last run popped a line teed into the FPR to blow out. Jason was saying from the second race that he needed at least a second handicap to beat them. We got .9 the last race, plus the up to 30 psi drop in fuel pressure from the teed line popping off, and ended up losing by a half car. No shame in it, though, the owner of the 260Z has another V8 swapped Z car that runs 7.90's (and was on Pinks), and I'm pretty sure this one is a low 9 high 8 second ride - it was visibly out-accelerating the CRX (27-28 psi, no nitrous) from a roll on one pass, which is not what your usual all-holeshot and then deathly slow from a roll ten second RWD V8 car does. Sick car, very experienced driver, and obstinant as hell when negotiating - I'm glad we had enough to make him run his car all out, because he hadn't either of the previous matchups. I was told that the second stage of nitrous on the Z car was triggered via radio control by a member of their team. Anybody ever heard of such gear?