Weird B16A Skunk2 Stage2 Cams.

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Synoptic
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Weird B16A Skunk2 Stage2 Cams.

Post by Synoptic »

I suspect bad camshaft, or head problem. What do you guys think ? B16A2, 12.5:1 Comp. Eagle Rod and Crankshaft Skunk2 valvetrain 2.25 Exhaust, no CAT 2.5 Muffler 440cc injectors Vtec is at 5800 RPM. AF is 13:1 all the time. I tried those settings on the cam gears (crank degrees) : I +4 E 0 I -4 E 0 I -4 E -4 The power band would NOT SHIFT at all. Vtec lobe engagement problem ?
Attachments
Probleme-B16-A-Kunk2-Stage2.gif
Probleme-B16-A-Kunk2-Stage2.gif (23.28 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

precisionauto

Post by precisionauto »

I would check to see if it is holding oil pressure to the vtec solenoid. Also would look for an air flow restriction. Have run into those problems before with similar results to your graph. Also check to see if the \"O\" ring is there under the third cam cap, I have seen a couple of do it yourselves overlook that and cause vtec engagement problems. Good luck

blundar

Post by blundar »

that's totally not right for those cams... Look for something mechanical
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA \"That motor's hit!\" - me

Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Ok, I got news for this engine. It seems that the issue here is the porting. Yeah, BAD porting. Seems like it was WAY over-ported and caused this. They took the ported ITR intake, ITR T B and put them on another B16 with 11.5:1 Comp with ITR cams, and the car ran like shit. When they put back the stock ITR intake and TB on the said B16, the car ran like a charm.
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada