515whp @ 342tq, 27x10.50

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Bugermass »

well, in genereal I find hondas like pretty flat timing about 6K or so and up. But that is always subjec to change depending on compression, cams, fuel, etc.. So I usually start with a conservative map at a low boost level then start adding timing and watching for trends in ign vs power. Once I figure out what the motor seems to like I'll apply that trend across load in a linear fasion and then start cranking the boost. Every increase in load I'll move timing down first and see what power does, then go from there, somtimes more timing, somtimes less timing, and somtimes ALOT MORE timing ;P .. Everytime I've tried to follow some general rule of thumb I've realised there are no general rules of thumb when tuning lol. You just have to pic a starting point that should be safe and tune it out.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

And on race gas, I don't pull any ignition for peak TQ. whatever ign it makes best power thats what it gets.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

Chris thats some really good advise brother, and its not info that most share. You did a very good job at explaining that and it was exactly the answer I was looking for. I've got this new KS4 knock analyzer and I really like it. I've used it on a few tunes so far and it really is letting me see things that I could not have seen before with these honda's. Its really given me some piece of mind when getting aggressive with these setups. Thanks again for sharing with me, DK
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image