Stock JDM H22, 174 whp 144 wtq

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Stock JDM H22, 174 whp 144 wtq

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

Stock JDM H22 240cc injectors Disabled IABs DC sports header Image I tuned this car two weeks ago with something other than eCtune. I overlayed the previous final result vs the eCtune result for comparison purposes. The fact the car idles reliably now is a bonus.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Nice result! The earlier tune was an P30 based program? We had a lot of idle issues using the P30 code. When Calvin switched to the P72 code, we never had any idle problems at all! Do you have an idea what caused this big difference? Did you use the same ign maps as the previous tune?

Joey Misanthropy

The original tune was P30 based. Both times I tuned the car from scratch. The fact I ended up with identical curves of different magnitudes says a lot, IMO.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

The car pulls much smoother on the street. what little time is was on the dyno made a great improvment! Props to Joey! Brandon

borat

Post by borat »

I'm currently having ahell of a time getting my H22A4 to idle properly using a certain \"shiny\" program. I am very interested to know how well ectune works with this engine, specifically at idle. I'm using a p28.

Joey Misanthropy

Your best bet is to disable the IACV and set the idle using the throttle stop and air bleed, adjusting the TPS afterward.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I have a \"shiny\" tune, for a stock JDM H22 with headers that made 194HP and idles perfecftly if you want it I can send it to you and you can try it out.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

stevo11811

Post by stevo11811 »

i spent probably a month getting my h22 to idle correctly, i finally got it, after screwing around with timing, TPS, and iacv valve, ill tell you what though, the tuning program im using at the moment is not to great for this motor