98 H22A4, Treadstone turbo kit, 5.5-6.0 psi, 211 whp 173 wtq

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

98 H22A4, Treadstone turbo kit, 5.5-6.0 psi, 211 whp 173 wtq

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

Simple setup: 98 Prelude Treadstone turbo kit (Garrett T3/T04E) Stock MAP RC 550cc high Z 6 psi wastegate spring, tapered to 5.5 psi past 6000 rpms. Turbo H22 make me nervous, so I ran this one at 11.7 AFR with conservative timing. Image
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

ncturbocivic

Post by ncturbocivic »

I never thought I would see the day you would get nervous. Great job.

Dmc1

Post by Dmc1 »

ncturbocivic wrote:I never thought I would see the day you would get nervous. Great job.
Well h22's have those funky sleeves and slightly higher compression then normal honda engines and high revs .So there is a need for concern

Joey Misanthropy

They have crappy pistons, and I do not like how their oil pumps die when the crank starts to flex under power and drives the pump rotos against the oil pump housing. Nice engines to throw mild cams and a 100 shot at but they suck for making big power reliably.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Dmc1

Post by Dmc1 »

Joey Misanthropy wrote:They have crappy pistons, and I do not like how their oil pumps die when the crank starts to flex under power and drives the pump rotos against the oil pump housing. Nice engines to throw mild cams and a 100 shot at but they suck for making big power reliably.
Jd! you mean the crank flex's so much that it push's the fins aganist the housing? that would mean the timing belt it getting some serious flex and mechanical timing is out long before it would kill the oil pump!. As NA honda motors their about my favorite Ive ran accrossed so far. But you never really hear about big power being made for very long with them. I work for a junkyard now so I may snag a head of of one and make a frankenstien with my f22b block with some forgings. and I'll probably be droping that into a smaller body like a crx or 90 teg or something.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

I like how H22 responds to Boost, I tuned one on shiny a while back, a JDM H22 stock with 550 injectors and a 60-1 stage 5 turbo, with a custom JG Fab manifold (local manifold guy) it made 290 and some change on 4.5-5 PSI and 198 TQ.. the best thing is that it made full boost at like 3200RPM and since the car was right at 300HP it just hooked and took off hard.. Alotta higher HP cars try to run him around here and he keeps whoopin them cause hes got just enough HP to haul ass but not enough to blow the tires off the car.. Hes got a H2B kit, B16 tranny with OBX LSD and full suspention, traction bars, really nice setup.. I was a bit nervous too when tuning it, I hear alotta horror stories of cracked ring lands, and when it made almost 300 on 5 psi were like ok, we'll stop here lol.. Great job on the tune man.. 8) I'll post some pics later of the one I did..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

I tuned an Accord with a forged H22 with stock sleeves @ 10psi two months ago. No problems so far :D The guy ain't very gentle with it. He was able to stay side by side with a ls/vtec turbo that run 12.5 on the 1/4 mile. We are suppose to raise the boost later this summer to 18psi. Let's hope the sleeves will hold...
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

borat

Post by borat »

Civic Tsi wrote:I tuned an Accord with a forged H22 with stock sleeves @ 10psi two months ago. No problems so far :D The guy ain't very gentle with it. He was able to stay side by side with a ls/vtec turbo that run 12.5 on the 1/4 mile. We are suppose to raise the boost later this summer to 18psi. Let's hope the sleeves will hold...
Is he running Mahle pistons?

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

Yes

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

Not quite relevant to this topic but this is just to let you know how \"gentle\" he is. He called me over the w-e to tell me that the idle went suddently to 2000rpm and if I had an idea of what could be the cause. So I said probably a leak somewhere and I asked him if he had done anything special to make it happen. He told me, well it started doing this after doing about an hour of burnouts.... Jesus fu... .. All I have to say, his engine is well built and tuned :twisted:

Joey Misanthropy

I know several people like that. All of my friends, and about 70% of the owners of the cars I tune.
borat wrote: Is he running Mahle pistons?
Those are nice units, but very fragile. If you ever ingest anything abrasive into the engine - say, the compressor nut comes off the turbo and compressor shavings get magically sucked into the engine - the coating wears away and the bore starts to die just like when you run an uncoated forging. The head was pulled off immediately after the compressor wheel festivites and while there were tiny tiny scrapes from the shavings I've seen engines with worse damage last a really long time.

Hatch h22 all-motor

sad

Post by Hatch h22 all-motor »

i would be furious if i had a turbo on my h22 and only got that much hp im all motor and getting 210 whp. So i dont understand y u only getting 211 whp????????
h22 stock N/A

98vtec

Re: sad

Post by 98vtec »

Hatch h22 all-motor wrote:i would be furious if i had a turbo on my h22 and only got that much hp im all motor and getting 210 whp. So i dont understand y u only getting 211 whp????????
its only 5psi on a so so turbo kit which makes me believe the supporting breathing mods were set aside. Image Drag turbo kit at 5.5psi running conservative timing on a 100k+ mile motor. i made 220/175 with my NA h23vtec with stock cams on the same dyno. These old motors cant take much timing in boost so you have to deal your cards conservatively in stock motor apps. Especially if the motor has some mileage on it.
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

DyeceDic73

98 H22A4 Treadstone turbo kit 5 5 6 0 psi 211 whp 173 wtq

Post by DyeceDic73 »

Without the meth kit they produce about 320whp/340wtq on pump gas. Its a nice autox turbo, DD as well...but still drops off pretty hard up top. I want to see this turbo on an sti with Cams....