Stock sleeve B16, GT2871R, 280 whp and 200 wtq

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Stock sleeve B16, GT2871R, 280 whp and 200 wtq

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

Another simple setup: Stock B16 block Forged pistons/rods Precision 780cc GM 3 bar MAP GT2871R The turbo had an internal gate with a 5 psi actuator. It started opening up in the midrange boost level and limited the power we could make. The original goal was 350 whp. Oh, well. Wastegate pull; I started out with Ffej's tune as the basemap as I do not like the one provided with eCtune, and you can see how boost shifts a camshaft's powerband upward really well as VTEC at 4800 caused a dip: Image There's a pretty big difference between 7 psi and 11-12 psi, which demonstrates why I like smaller turbos with the boost cranked up. This is a usable powerband: Image This is where the wastegate actuator starting being a problem. 15 psi tapering to 13 psi: Image I did manage to do a little bit better when trying to get the boost to increase... but it just goes to demonstrate that peak power figures can be really worthless, sometimes. Image
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA