Built Gsr 636hp 452tq @ 25.9lbs

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

sewell94
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Built Gsr 636hp 452tq @ 25.9lbs

Post by sewell94 »

84mm Gsr with ported B16 head, Gsr cams, 68mm turbo, 1000cc injectors, Rev Hard turbo manifold, Type R intake manifold, A1000 fuel pump, Pauter Rods, Endyn Pistons. 26lbs, the profec B wouldn't make anymore boost, it was cranked all the way even with 2 springs in the tial wg.. Tuned with Sunoco Maximal and of course ectune. Image

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

+++++++++++++++++
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

i know it'll break 700, i just need some more boost, waiting on getting the boost control options dialed in :) :edited due to me being a dumbass
Last edited by sewell94 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

why closeloop? This what we have now works great also
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Joey Misanthropy

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

Like I said, that doesn't suck. 8)
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

denn

Re: Built Gsr 636hp 452tq @ 25.9lbs

Post by denn »

sewell94 wrote:84mm Gsr with ported B16 head, Gsr cams, 68mm turbo, 1000cc injectors, Rev Hard turbo manifold, Type R intake manifold, A1000 fuel pump, Pauter Rods, Endyn Pistons. 26lbs, the profec B wouldn't make anymore boost, it was cranked all the way even with 2 springs in the tial wg.. Tuned with Sunoco Maximal and of course ectune. Image
what da brand and spec of 68mm turbo thanks denn

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

The turbo took a dump on me, it was like 4 5 years old though. So we shoved a gt42 wheel in it when it was rebuilt, so hopefully by the end of the weekend i'll have some numbers with higher boost numbers.

nate

Post by nate »

cool! I have those solenoids in if you want to give that a shot also...
eCtune Team

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

So new turbo was on the car today, i'd have some really big numbers for you guys BUT had a problem. At about 4400rpms i hear ting, engine dies, there is smoke everywhere, fills my shop up, i about shit my pants thinking the engine shit itself, i walk to the front of the car, and this piece of odd shaped metal is on the ground along with a bunch of pieces, i say to myself \" this didn't come from the engine, noway\". The F*cking turbine wheel broke off, yes the turbine wheel broke off. I have a st00pid style dp on my car and it went right though it. Every fin broke off of it, and there were pieces of metal everywhere. Looks like an eaten apple, i'll have some pic up tmw. Funny thing is that the compressor wheel still spins, with minimal shaft play but it does look like it hit the housing. Afrs were 11.7ish , egt's were normal. Plugs look perfect, i'm pretty sure the engines fine, i was too mad to do a compression and leakdown, but i'm pretty sure they'll be good. The brand new chra had 13 dyno pulls on it, gotta be a new shortness turbo lifespan record. I'm about 99.9999999% sure that it was a manufacture defect. We'll see what my turbo guy says tmw. I can't catch a break lately. :evil:

Joey Misanthropy

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

Pull the oil pan and check a couple bearings. When the turbine shaft broke your oil pressure dropped, and there is likely some trash in the oil to boot.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

That sinking feeling in your gut when you hear noises like that is what will make you go bald like me :)
sewell94 wrote:So new turbo was on the car today, i'd have some really big numbers for you guys BUT had a problem. At about 4400rpms i hear ting, engine dies, there is smoke everywhere, fills my shop up, i about shit my pants thinking the engine shit itself, i walk to the front of the car, and this piece of odd shaped metal is on the ground along with a bunch of pieces, i say to myself " this didn't come from the engine, noway". The F*cking turbine wheel broke off, yes the turbine wheel broke off. I have a st00pid style dp on my car and it went right though it. Every fin broke off of it, and there were pieces of metal everywhere. Looks like an eaten apple, i'll have some pic up tmw. Funny thing is that the compressor wheel still spins, with minimal shaft play but it does look like it hit the housing. Afrs were 11.7ish , egt's were normal. Plugs look perfect, i'm pretty sure the engines fine, i was too mad to do a compression and leakdown, but i'm pretty sure they'll be good. The brand new chra had 13 dyno pulls on it, gotta be a new shortness turbo lifespan record. I'm about 99.9999999% sure that it was a manufacture defect. We'll see what my turbo guy says tmw. I can't catch a break lately. :evil:
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

yc underground

Post by yc underground »

Man that really sucks, well keep us posting on the condition of the motor.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

I talked to my turbo guy, he said send it in. Its gonna be 3 weeks before i get it back though, :x but heres some pics, he said hes seen it a few times over the years, but didn't say anything else, i treid to coax an explanation outta him, but just got \"send it in\" Image Image Image anybody else seen anything like this??

yc underground

Post by yc underground »

Man that looks bad as if the fines where weak or polish to thin.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning