Ls/Vtec 196whp/140wtq

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Civic Tsi
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Ls/Vtec 196whp/140wtq

Post by Civic Tsi »

Finally, I dynoed a car but I had street tuned it before :P LsVtec ~12.0CR Stock Head with Toda cams 310cc injectors Base run, not too bad for a street tune ;) Image Final run. Image We gained like 3hp by playing with the cam gears. Another 2hp with dwell. It sure could do more with a better exhaust, it has a 2 1/4\" with a stock cat. Also I think these cams are too agressive for this setup. I would have expect more for the vtec lobes but it looks like it just can't breath as it should. And has you can see, even dyno guy can't spell Vtec right :lol: Video: http://www.civictsi.com/HD_Tuning/LsVtec_Dyno1.mpg
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

BTW, before someone says that vtec is set too low, it ain't set @ 4500rpm but at 6500rpm.

yc underground

Post by yc underground »

Did you try to set different vtec points to see what may have happen to see if you could find a sweat spot to smooth out the dip in tq due to the cam setup. Good hp for the setup keep up the good work.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

No, maybe I should have but I didn't have much time. Everything was done in 90min. Still the vtec lobe only have 1500rpm powerband.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

That torque curved is wacky...is the clutch ok?
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

It's because of the cams. It ain't the first time I see this. The vtec is set @ 6500 and it could probably be set even higher. These are very aggressive cams but not well suited for the setup right now.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Which Toda Cams? What valve springs/valves? And what are your cam gear settings if you dont mind? Still doesnt seem right even with a mismatched cam...
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

Stock ITR head with Toda spec B. I do not remember the cam gears settings, but it stayed between -2 +2 on both. It didn't change the tq curve, just offset it.