Piston/Rod D16Z6, Mike Belben Head port - 300 whp @ 13 psi

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Piston/Rod D16Z6, Mike Belben Head port - 300 whp @ 13 psi

Post by xenocron »

I couldn't believe it when I saw the graph...this is the FIRST pull at WOT, 2nd pull with some minor AFR changes netted 246.7. Unfortunately, the original design of this motor wasnt to lat very long and the head parts were skimped on. Stock springs, retainers, valves really dont like revving to 8k :) About 6 or so pulls in, the car started acting strange...sounded funny but I couldnt pin point what was happening...did a couple more pulls and power was dropping to about 232, did a compression test and Cyl 1 had ZERO comp...my stomach dropped and I had my employee pulled the VC. Its still preliminary but it looks like one of the \"locks\" (?) failed and one valve is hung open. I have to do further investigation but hopefully the valve isnt bent and there is no internal damage as it does not look like the valve dropped far at all. Still amazing the car was making that much on the final couple of pulls. I am going to try and get the owner to let me pull the head and upgrade the valvetrain. Full setup on the motor: Stock Sleeve (.020 over) JE 9:1 Piston and Tuner Toys Rods, ACL Bearings Mike Belben D16Z6 ported head and valve job Supertech valves, springs, retainers ZEX 59300 Cam Ebay T3/T4 Turbo Kit...60 trim perhaps? 13 PSI, Ebay Wastegate Precision 525cc High Imp Injectors Custom 2.5\" Downpipe (Xeno-Fabbed) Taking this thing to 300 reliably should be easy once things get fixed.
Attachments
D16z6-MikeBelbenHead.jpg
D16z6-MikeBelbenHead.jpg (133.65 KiB) Viewed 5739 times
Last edited by xenocron on Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

boostedsol

Post by boostedsol »

nice work, i cant wait to get my car done, and hopfully have you tune it. I have a couple questions for you actually what would be a better way to contact you, phone? or email?

danw

Post by danw »

Very nice. B16 power per psi out of a SOHC.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

boostedsol wrote:nice work, i cant wait to get my car done, and hopfully have you tune it. I have a couple questions for you actually what would be a better way to contact you, phone? or email?
EMAIL...and believe me, the power is in the head work here...not the tuner. I can only do with what is given to me. I have an H22 head and an ITR head at Belben's right now...cant friggen WAIT until they come back now :)
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

boostedsol

Post by boostedsol »

yeah it is defiently high on the list for making power doing the head work. Im having a laskey racing d16 block, and stage 2 head work done, i should be good to go to 300 with that. You do great work, keep it up

Joey Misanthropy

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

This gives me a warm fuzzy. I always said Mike Belben was a hardcore motherfucker.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Joey Misanthropy wrote:This gives me a warm fuzzy. I always said Mike Belben was a hardcore motherfucker.
After I called him and told him...he said, "thats it, im going up another $100 on each head" Joey, we need a chat...call me this week or text me when you have a free moment. :)

Civic Tsi

Post by Civic Tsi »

Really nice :o My Z6 makes its peak tq at 7200 and its peak hp at 7800. That's the only Z6 to my knowledge that does this and it's all mine :twisted: Never dynoed it @ 7psi
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

holly fuck nice numbers
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

yc underground

Post by yc underground »

Keep up the good work Chris, hope you are enjoying your new dyno.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Got the head back and retuned...nice!
Attachments
D16z6-MikeBelbenHead-300whp.jpg
D16z6-MikeBelbenHead-300whp.jpg (140.65 KiB) Viewed 5641 times

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

Nice :thumbup:

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

xenocron wrote: EMAIL...and believe me, the power is in the head work here...not the tuner. I can only do with what is given to me. I have an H22 head and an ITR head at Belben's right now...cant friggen WAIT until they come back now :)
very true.

mike_belben

Post by mike_belben »

thanks chris :thumbup: