GSR IAB Dyno Comparison

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

xenocron
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

GSR IAB Dyno Comparison

Post by xenocron »

Not a perfect test, but I dont think I have had two more similar setups come in. The 290 HP GSR was a stock Intake Manifold with IABs disconnected (P28 with no control), running a Peak Boost Ramhorn and a Garrett T3/T4 @ 9psi and Precision 525cc Injectors The 300 HP Gsr was a stock Intake Manifold with IABs working properly and controlled by an OBD1 P72 ECU. This setup was a cast log manifold, running an SC34 (looked smaller to me, but this is what the customer said) at 8psi and RC 550cc Injectors. Both on 2.5\" Downpipes and stock map sensor. I actually used the tune from the 290HP as my base tune and made slighly change with adding fuel. You can see where the IABs helped carry the torque further down the road... Just thought it would be interesting to see.
Attachments
Jesse-StockGSR-8psi-SC34.jpg
Jesse-StockGSR-8psi-SC34.jpg (140.39 KiB) Viewed 3584 times
Shane-StockGSR-9psi-T3T4.jpg
Shane-StockGSR-9psi-T3T4.jpg (137.85 KiB) Viewed 3584 times
GSR-IAB-DynoCompare.jpg
GSR-IAB-DynoCompare.jpg (157.75 KiB) Viewed 3584 times
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

baseline.. For a gsr or h22 don't disconnect it.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

denn

Post by denn »

thanks for information look good Chris

yc underground

Post by yc underground »

Good HP & TQ curves for such low level boost. Keep up the good work Chris.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

Joey Misanthropy

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

So the IABs were disconnected and closed, or disconnected and reomved from the manifold? I was always under the impression that - for H22, anyway - removing the IABs and retuning provided gains to the midrange with no loss of top end.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Joey Misanthropy wrote:So the IABs were disconnected and closed, or disconnected and reomved from the manifold? I was always under the impression that - for H22, anyway - removing the IABs and retuning provided gains to the midrange with no loss of top end.
Hooked up like normal but with no activation from the ECU. You'll notice on a stock vehicle, at idle...the IABs are pulled 'up' by vacuum which I believe is held by the canister until the ECU disconnects the ground breaking the circuit to the solenoid. I still cant remember which is the short runners or long runners :) I'd have to look it up to be certain.
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

long runners are for low RPM tq short ones are for topend.. supposedly
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

redshade5

Post by redshade5 »

Yeah that is correct. Long runners produce more torque. It has to do with changing the air frequency so that is maintains more speed across the rpm range. That is why when you look at the base maps on gsr and h22's you will see they require less timing at part throttle, high rpm. Much better fuel suspension. Your ideal air speed is right at supersonic.

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

xenocron wrote:
Joey Misanthropy wrote:So the IABs were disconnected and closed, or disconnected and reomved from the manifold? I was always under the impression that - for H22, anyway - removing the IABs and retuning provided gains to the midrange with no loss of top end.
Hooked up like normal but with no activation from the ECU. You'll notice on a stock vehicle, at idle...the IABs are pulled 'up' by vacuum which I believe is held by the canister until the ECU disconnects the ground breaking the circuit to the solenoid. I still cant remember which is the short runners or long runners :) I'd have to look it up to be certain.
haha i get confused too. i cant remeber which is open/close until i put it on the dyno