Stock GSR w 12.5:1 pistons E85 N/A

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

redshade5
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by redshade5 »

It seems to be doing fine. Although I can tell it is slightly out in a few spots like chris was saying. Not a lot, but I would never tune with it. I guess being an engineer and a machinist I like my tools to be as accurate as possible. I am thankful for the warning though. It would have driven me nuts trying to make it scale perfectly. Anyone have problems with the innovative?

borat

Post by borat »

No problems with the LC-1 for me. BTW, it's 'Innovate', not 'Innovative'.

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

SCREW innovate!!! I've had one for a while now, and while at times they work perfectly, other times they act all stupid.. I'm getting a FJO with the NTK sensor.. I get too many cars with less than ideal O2 bung placement, and the LSU sensors just can't deal with it. I had a car the other day, that when I got on it, it literally cooled off the sensor too much.. GO figure that one out.. And I used to different sensors on my innovate and I even tried the dynos wideband with the same issue.. Wasted an hour on the dyno tring to get it to work ended up having to stop and do it another day. They are too sensitive to placement. I've had issues in the past with them getting too hot and cutting out.. So I'm just gonna go with the FJO and NTK sensor..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

Hmm, I considered ditching my australian built WB and switch to Innovate for commercial reasons, but it would seem I´m better off sticking with what I have :shock: Maybe I never had these issues because I normally use the 6066 sensor. The older, more expensive one. I still use the original sensor I bought 2-3 years ago on a regular basis and it´s still as fast reacting and accurate as ever. /Allan

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

I had some problems with my innovate when I just got it. The problem was in the way I connected it with the car and ecu. Ground related problems gave a lot of error 9's on the innovate. Now I got it all in the right way connected and I have no problems for years now. I have 2 different LC-1's and both are doing fine. 1 is in my own car wich I am driving closed loop wideband with and I use the other for street tuning.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Bugermass wrote:SCREW innovate!!! I've had one for a while now, and while at times they work perfectly, other times they act all stupid.. I'm getting a FJO with the NTK sensor.. I get too many cars with less than ideal O2 bung placement, and the LSU sensors just can't deal with it. I had a car the other day, that when I got on it, it literally cooled off the sensor too much.. GO figure that one out.. And I used to different sensors on my innovate and I even tried the dynos wideband with the same issue.. Wasted an hour on the dyno tring to get it to work ended up having to stop and do it another day. They are too sensitive to placement. I've had issues in the past with them getting too hot and cutting out.. So I'm just gonna go with the FJO and NTK sensor..
There is no possible way the sensor was being cooled by the exhaust gases...LOL...unless your EGTs were below 800 degrees farenheit for a prolonged period of time. You all know that you CAN use an NTK Sensor with the Innovate if you so choose right? I have been using Innovate since they came out in 2003 and have never had any of the problems I see people having that I couldnt work out on my own or with the help of Innovate Tech support. Like everything else out there it comes down to user issues and whether the person is smart enough or has the conviction to deal with those problems before blaming the actual unit they get frustrated with. We have all been there :)
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I used a motec PLM for like 3 years and NEVER had any issues.. Nore did I EVER have any issues with my PLX.. Only since I've had the innovate have I had issues. Mabey it is operator error, but why is it only with the innovate..

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Well, you didnt really explain the problems you were having so im not sure how to help...but I know if you called up Innovate and explained the issues you were having they would certainly help point you in the proper direction. They have the best selling wideband line on the market for a reason, it didnt happen by luck. Their service and products are all good... Everyone that comes out with a new product is coming out with something after Innovate did it first. Only this year did PLX come out with something before Innovate which was very impressive. If you cant get your issues figured out by calling them I will personally make sure you get taken care of, one way shape or another. No sense spending more money if you dont have to...
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

It only happens on certain cars with bungs in un ideal locations. This one particular incident the sensor wasn't throwing an overheat error it just kept going back into its heatup cycle, and the dyno wideband was doing the same thing when I tried to use it.. The very next day I did another car with the same exact sensor with no issues. Theres been cars where the sensors heated up and I start the car and the sensor goes back into heatup mode and I have to rev the motor to get it hot enough to start reading again.. I never had these issues with the Motec or PLX, I know innovate sells a crap load of units, but they also sell for dirt cheap and are a good bang for the buck deal.. In any since its just easier to get a NTK based wideband, no hassles, no calls to tech support, no wasted time on the dyno trying to fix a problem with my wideband cause the customer mounts his bung to close to the turbo..

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

I just found a bunch of posts on innovates sites about over cooling of sensors.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Bugermass wrote:I just found a bunch of posts on innovates sites about over cooling of sensors.
Like I said...never had the issues, but PM me the links to the posts, I would love to read them.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Just go to their forum and start reading under the LC1 section. Theres all kinds of people having all kinds of issues that are related to temp issues. One of the innovate guys even posted that there are problems with how the firmware handles temperature swings. The things is, its alot of hassle to use.. The wiring is a mess, the grounding crap is a mess, when I had the MOTEC PLM I just plugged it in and it worked everytime.. The wiring was simple and I didn't have any voltage offset issues that required stupid wiring scenerios.. Same with the PLX.. Yes there are also alot of people that have good luck with them, but there also seems to be an equal amount of people with problems. I need somthing I can move from car to car to car and not have to mess with it.. Anyways its just my experience with it.. I think in a permanant installation it would be fine. But I move it from car to car to car to car..

borat

Post by borat »

The LC-1 is definitely intended for permanent installation, Innovate even says so. If you need something portable, they have the LM-1. Why did you get an LC-1 if you weren't doing permanent install? Pretty much every problem I've seen with the LC-1 has been caused by people not reading the directions and wiring something the wrong way, or installing their sensor in a way that Innovate stricly warns about. It's definitely not easy to install, but it works great if you take your time and do it right.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Yeah, Chris the LM-1 is what you want...LC-1 is a perma install. Modify the power cord to have two big clamps on it and attach direct to battery and install the sensor in the bung. Besides connecting the analog output to the ECU wiring (I use a 1-1 jumper harness so everything is already plugged in) you are installed in 5-10 minutes barring any stupid things like a retarded placement of the o2 bung or not being able to get the stock sensor out. The cradle that suction cups to the windshield is fuckin tite too :)

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

Yeah,I appreciate the info but, I think I'm gonna just go with the FJO.. Set one up last night on my buddies 800+ HP RSX and it was a sinch. No calibrating nessisary, just plug it in and go. The NTK sensor seems to read just as fast as the LSU, and from what I've been told from other ppl that use them the NTKs last WAY longer with leaded fuels and rich mixtures and can take any kind of heat you throw at them with no issues. Just a personal preference I guess.. Thanks though..