Pumpgas GSR w/ T67, 429wtp/303wtq

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Pumpgas GSR w/ T67, 429wtp/303wtq

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

I tuned this car to wastegate last week, finally got back to it this Thursday to tune higher boost. 11-12 psi wastegate pull: Image I started having problems with ignition misfires at 16 psi/385 whp which were only partially corrected by tightening plug gap and later replacing the coil. Power was really down as I cranked the boost up despite the plugs looking clean. I'm not entirely happy with the ignition wiring on the car, and there might be some issues there. Here's 22 psi: Image
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Let me guess...stock head. What a powerband! 8) When you see the power per lb of boost ratio start to decrease as you up the boost on a turbo setup like this, when do you generally attribute it to? I find it incredibly frustrating...wish I would have taken more engineering classes when I went to college :roll:
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Joey Misanthropy

I believe it has valvetrain, but the ports/cams are stock. So are Goforth's, among others, so I don't see that as being the problem with what should have been an easy 425 whp tune. I've tuned a couple 90-91 LS head (wimpy plus probably automatic cams) engines that make piss for power... 250 by 14 psi, 290 by 19, etc. I've seen 297 @ 12 psi off unported LS with \"402T\" cams on Mustang dynos, so mileage varies. Different heads, but IMO illustrates the bottle neck you're talking about pretty well. Starting at the ~14 psi 370 whp level this car was nothing but trouble with constant misfires 6500 to redline. Even after swapping/gapping plugs, checking plug wire resistance, replacing the toasted and partially melted rotor button it would only do consistent 385-386 at 16 psi with one 393 at that pressure after letting the engine cool. Replacing the Blaster SS coil (no MSD box tho) got us to 429 @ 22 psi and despite the plugs looking clean I pulled the plug on taking it further. After 12 psi the RPM vs MAP vs AFR chart never laid a slick smooth AFR line down like I'm used to seeing. Meh.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

Weird, 10 lbs more only netted 60hp, thats odd for a 67, that thing should be starting to pick up crazy, but it made a ton on the Wg though. What manifold and hot side on the snail??? That thing should be a blast on the street :D

Joey Misanthropy

It's a Peakboost kit, complete down to the undercut ramhorn that'll have to be fixed within 6 months.

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

I need to learn how to make my graphs all nice and pretty like yours, Mine look boring as hell, :P

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

Joey Misanthropy wrote:It's a Peakboost kit, complete down to the undercut ramhorn that'll have to be fixed within 6 months.
Image And Yes, its a blast to drive on the street!!^
sewell94 wrote:I need to learn how to make my graphs all nice and pretty like yours, Mine look boring as hell, :P
Thanks - I like how our dyno displays the graphs /w our logo and all (after i photochop it in) :D I just wish the software was a little better....
Regards, Blueridge Motorsports eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Hickory, NC 828-322-9600

Joey Misanthropy

Brandon, tell Cole he owes me a ride in his car.
sewell94 wrote:I need to learn how to make my graphs all nice and pretty like yours, Mine look boring as hell, :P
I can turn the shading off if the colors - especially the pink 429 whp graph - make you feel inadequate as a man. :wink:

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

Ya i feel like I like i'm running around naked and its 20 below outside, so ya i you make feel inadequate as a man :oops: