GT4094R, 84mm LS/VTEC, 717 whp 448 wtq @ 31 psi

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

GT4094R, 84mm LS/VTEC, 717 whp 448 wtq @ 31 psi

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

The BRMS guys punched out their old motor to 84mm, took the headwork a little further than their old Portflow setup, swapped the GT35 for a GT4094R, and threw a water/methanol kit on. 11.5 psi wastegate: Image A rainbow assortment of pulls; dark blue is 13 psi with a tiny dip where the engine skipped gently against boost cut (oops, was I supposed to turn that up?), teal is 16-17 psi, and orange is 23 psi: Image I spent a long long time hovering in the 670-690 whp range for a variety of reasons - wastegate spring was maxed out, window of permissible ignition timing was VERY narrow (4-5 degrees between MBT and extreme power loss at ~30 psi), and cyls 2 and 3 wanted to cook plugs. I spent a while playing with cylinder trims, had Sewell drop some advice about cylinder trims on water/meth setups as well as cheap schemes to glue tires to rollers, and got annoyed with IAT correction (sensor is still in the IM, it NEEDS relocated into the charge pipe). Still ended up with this @ 29 psi, only consistently: Image So, we upped the revs a few hundred rpms. That was the ticket; 704, 714, and: Image Amazingly, no ignition issues! I was expecting a hassle.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Fuckin Show Off! C16 gas? What Water/Meth kit did you use and how did you find it?
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Joey Misanthropy

Still Torco 110. I think the narrow window of acceptable timing is due to knock limit approaching fast, but I could be wrong on that one. Everyone involved with the car would rather run c16 at this point, but the 100 gallons of Torco in the storeroom is enabling.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

wow!Graph looks sick, good work, any pics of the car and setup?

Joey Misanthropy

All my pics are of the old GT35 setup... frankly, underhood looks almost identical with the major exception of the GT40 doesn't require a reducer to mate to the 3\" charge pipe, and a bit of the hood/headlight bucket being trimmed to clear the compressor. :P Vid of the old GT35 81mm setup: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fMz4zmg-OOA Image Image Image

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

Great Job!!!! Did you do any runs w/ and w/o the water/meth on the same boost level??

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

OMG that´s an insane amount of power. Good work! /Allan

blundar

Post by blundar »

Damn Joey. Nice work.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA \"That motor's hit!\" - me

yc underground

Post by yc underground »

Very nice work
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: York, PA, USA www.ycunderground.com www.facebook.com/YCUDynoTuning

BRMS

Post by BRMS »

Updated Pics: 11-12 PSI pulls w/ slicks... Image Right before 1st dyno session, no H20 line yet on turbo... Image breaking the motor in... Image I will be posting a video shortly on the dyno pulls and misc. build on the motor...
Regards, Blueridge Motorsports eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Hickory, NC 828-322-9600

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

Looks good dude!
eCtune Team

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Nice ! Spools alot faster than I thought it would.

Joey Misanthropy

Almighty-Si wrote:Nice ! Spools alot faster than I thought it would.
+1 It actually reaches 400 whp a hundred or so *rpm faster than the old GT35R setup, partially due to how the added displacement helps spool the turbo and how it makes a lot more power at a lot less pressure. (edit to fix typo)
Last edited by Joey Misanthropy on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtber

Post by mtber »

Nice :D
Phearable.net - Toll Free: 1-888-236-9831 Chipped Ecus / Precision Injectors / Walbro Fuel Pumps / AEM Widebands / Conversion Harnesses Authorized Dealer for: Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, AEM, Crome & more.