Stock sleeve D16Z6, stock head, SC34, RC440

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Stock sleeve D16Z6, stock head, SC34, RC440

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

Car originally had a set of 660cc modified IPT/Honda injectors that were causing glitches at idle and fogging the plugs due to poor atomisation. We threw some RC440's laying around in to get the guy rolling until his replacement RC750 arrive. I'm guessing the cam gear is a hair off resulting in solid midrange power without much of an increase in the higher rpms, typical D-series parts mishmash. I'll retime it before I tune on the new injectors later this week. 11 psi wastegate: Image 14 psi: Image 19 psi: Image Car's neat as a pin, I'll make sure to get copies of it's pictures before updating.
Last edited by Joey Misanthropy on Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Joey Misanthropy

Got a set of RC750 for the car and retarded the cam timing 3 degrees. Graphs certainly look healthier! Kinda surprised me as the engine reputedly hasn't been decked/milled any significant amount. Maybe the aftermarket cam gear isn't terribly precise? 240 whp at 12 psi: Image ~14.5 psi: Image 18 psi: Image 20-21 psi: Image
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

lookin good!!!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

nice improvement!

Joey Misanthropy

It really takes a second to catch on with the D16... low mileage stock block that was barely milled or decked during the build translates into the the engine is 2-4 degrees out of time. Every D-series needs a cam gear, and to be put into correct time, before the tune starts.

ncturbocivic

Post by ncturbocivic »

I couldnt agree more. Looks like I get to degree mine again JD. Going to machine shop with head to get it milled for a new HG. No worries though, she's still running.

Minor Threat

Post by Minor Threat »

Joey Misanthropy wrote:It really takes a second to catch on with the D16... low mileage stock block that was barely milled or decked during the build translates into the the engine is 2-4 degrees out of time. Every D-series needs a cam gear, and to be put into correct time, before the tune starts.
What's the easiest way to put it in correct time? Do the math based on how much the setup has been decked/milled, or something out?

Joey Misanthropy

Center non-Y8 distributors, lock timing at 16 degrees, adjust cam gear until in ignition timing. 8) Y8, IMO, need the Belben degreeing kit until I've been through one and can figure out a way to eyeball distributor alignment.

Minor Threat

Post by Minor Threat »

Joey Misanthropy wrote:Center non-Y8 distributors, lock timing at 16 degrees, adjust cam gear until in ignition timing. 8) Y8, IMO, need the Belben degreeing kit until I've been through one and can figure out a way to eyeball distributor alignment.
Thank god I don't have a y8...

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

Joey Misanthropy wrote:It really takes a second to catch on with the D16... low mileage stock block that was barely milled or decked during the build translates into the the engine is 2-4 degrees out of time. Every D-series needs a cam gear, and to be put into correct time, before the tune starts.
which one would you recommend ?