Sleeved D16Z6, RC750, Crower stage 2 cam, Disco-P

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Sleeved D16Z6, RC750, Crower stage 2 cam, Disco-P

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

Image Image Pretty fun setup, you don't see many making this sort of power. I tuned it a few years back, made 248 @ 12 whp on a Mustang, and the owner's been running 7.70-7.80's in the 1/8th off that. He's been wanting more power, so... I was pretty wowed by this one. It's a cold engine run, when heatsoaked she nets a consistent 295-297 at 12 psi: Image Turning up the boost did little for peak power but made the overall powerband broader. 18-20 psi range yielded: Image Image With how some of the local big boys have been overpowering the track by running small slicks and no wheelie bars I can see the scrappy SOHC embarrassing them in the near future. :P
Last edited by Joey Misanthropy on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

You are always posting up good graphs with good numbers, GOOD WORK!

Joey Misanthropy

If you weren't on the far far other side of TN I'd drop in on you and buy you beer.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

I might have to come by your place one day, your the one with a dyno!

Maddog20

Post by Maddog20 »

Awesome work JD! So do you perfer the Crower cam over the Zex? were all these runs on 93 octane?

Joey Misanthropy

I've never touched the Zex unit. The 59300 makes repeatedly good power under boost, though, so I would recommend it in a heartbeat. The green car is Torco 110, the red car was 93 pump.

Adam Hopkins

Post by Adam Hopkins »

I was under the impression that the zex was the same exact cam as the comp cam. I you look at both companies addresses then you will notice it is the same street in memphis, Also if you go to comps web site they have links to zex's website. It should be the same cam, just marketed differently.

Minor Threat

Post by Minor Threat »

Adam Hopkins wrote:I was under the impression that the zex was the same exact cam as the comp cam. I you look at both companies addresses then you will notice it is the same street in memphis, Also if you go to comps web site they have links to zex's website. It should be the same cam, just marketed differently.
Zex/Comp are the exact same company, you even get comp boxes when you buy Zex stuff, but you get Zex stickers inside. I believe this car however is using a Crower cam, not a Comp.