82mm stock sleeve LS, 11.5:1, 404s

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Joey Misanthropy
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

82mm stock sleeve LS, 11.5:1, 404s

Post by Joey Misanthropy »

This was a fun setup. No matter how I played with timing, AFRs, and cam timing - with the exception of losing power once or twice due to bad cam gear settings - I made the same power as I did the very first dyno pull. LOL. Notice how power flat spots at 6.5K: Image A small assortment of other pulls: Image I'm kind of sad about this one as it was awesome fun to ride around in during the street tune - 91 CRX Si with ITR gearbox + all that torque makes for a fun combo. The exhaust went from the 2.5\" header exit to 2.25\" crush bent pipe, and we didn't discover until the car was up on the dyno that one of the DC header's secondaries was partially crushed shut. No matter what I did the power hit 170-174 whp and the exhaust system choked, wouldn't allow any more flow, and power went flat as a strap. Still, awesome platform and nothing terribly difficult or expensive to fix.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

LS with 404's ::Thumbsup:: i remember when i had a LS with 403's and P30 pistons, stock IM and 2.25\" exhaust, it could only muster up 150whp. i use to kill stock/slightly modifed GSR's and LS/VTEC's. a nice header and bigger exhaust should put that car in the 180's

Joey Misanthropy

I suspect it'd do a hair better than 180s. The torque peaked at 6400, right as the exhaust choked. With bigger exhaust the torque would carry on out to 8000 without falling off, same as Sewell's 404 car, and the car would make ~195 to pull a random figure out of my hat. Just conjecture, you never really know what the car will do until it does it. You know how THAT goes.
Regards, Joseph Davis eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Asheville, NC USA

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

you should try some of the regrind cams I get, they are bad ass.. Better than the crowers as far as I'm concerned. Theres 3 different profiles to choose from depending what RPMs you want your powerband in.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

sewell94

Post by sewell94 »

That thing needs some free flowing exhaust, i can say this:(copied from a post of mine) I can say for a fact that the rumor of having too big of an exhaust on an NA car and that a smaller exhaust is better for TQ is complete BS. We did a back to back test of a buddies B20vtec with ITB using the 3 inch thermal (he wanted to get rid of raspy sound) and put a 2 1/4 thermal on, and lost hp and tq across the board but the biggest difference was up top, it was in the neighborhood of a 20hp loss. I'm pretty sure if you had a bigger exhaust and a few more rpms this car would be in the 195-205 hp range.

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

Joey Misanthropy wrote:I suspect it'd do a hair better than 180s. The torque peaked at 6400, right as the exhaust choked. With bigger exhaust the torque would carry on out to 8000 without falling off, same as Sewell's 404 car, and the car would make ~195 to pull a random figure out of my hat. Just conjecture, you never really know what the car will do until it does it. You know how THAT goes.
i know exactly how that goes. customers come expecting magical numbers and get disappointed when they see the results. then they try to blame the tuner instead of their shitty setup

Joey Misanthropy

I haven't had one of those in a while, thank god. I guess part of the reason is that the average tuning customer is a little better educated than 2-5 years ago.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Joey Misanthropy wrote:I haven't had one of those in a while, thank god. I guess part of the reason is that the average tuning customer is a little better educated than 2-5 years ago.
And you have definitely played a role in that revolution...with all of your wise knowledge :) Thanks for that 8)
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...