Results From My Dyno Session 3/22

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Almighty-Si
http://phpbb3styles.net

Results From My Dyno Session 3/22

Post by Almighty-Si »

Well I have to say I am very pleased overall. There was more to be made at 10psi but about 3 runs in I lost the gasket to the bottom of the wastegate and boost started to act funnier after ever pull so I thought it would be best to pack it in and call it a day. 5.7psi (wastegate pressure) Image 10psi Image Car is a 99 Civic Si, Stock motor with somewhat of a GReddy kit on it. Neukin Ramhorn Manifold GReddy18G Turbo Neukin 2.5 inch Downpipe w/recirc dumptube Tial 38mm Wastegate 2.5 inch Resonated Test pipe 2.5 inch Exhaust etc....
Last edited by Almighty-Si on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

why only rev to ~7200 ? thats a lot of tq for a b16. :)

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

It's actually 7700...the guy running the dyno kept letting off at 8k on the cars tach and we all know how accurate those are. It's ok though I don't think it would have picked up anything up there anyways since the powerband started to turn back down. It was a good day. I love this software ! :D

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

who tuned it? and was it a eCtune?

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

Boosted K20 wrote:who tuned it? and was it a eCtune?
Yes it was tuned with eCtune by me :D

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

where in NY did you dyno the car? Im suprised they didnt let you drive it yourself since you were tuning it.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

It was a place in Great Neck L.I. I forget the name right now. He did say I could drive it but I never had before so I thought it might be best if he did. I guess I should have driven it myself huh? Oh well, next time :D

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

as long as they know how to correctly strap a FWD car on the dyno so that it wont move even if u accidently let off the steering wheel, driving the car on the dyno is simple. If you ever need dyno time hit me up. i work at T&R Racing in Queens NY. i would like to see that eCtune in action ;)

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

That's what I figured, next time then. My next dyno time probably won't be for a little while now as I don't really have any big plans for it over this summer but I will definitely consider the offer when I do decide to get more time in.

turbine tuning

Post by turbine tuning »

lol u went to that shop that does vipers or corvettes right? the dyno is closed off in a sound proof room i believe. they charge too much per hour.

Almighty-Si

Post by Almighty-Si »

turbine tuning wrote:lol u went to that shop that does vipers or corvettes right? the dyno is closed off in a sound proof room i believe. they charge too much per hour.
Well I didn't see any Vipers there but there were a few Vettes there, pretty sure that's the same place. They charged me $100 per hour without A/F which really didn't bother me since I have my own anyways, so not too terrible.

Boosted K20

Post by Boosted K20 »

$100 an hour w/o the wideband is a good price. thats how much we charge. $125 an hour w/ the wideband