1.8L vtec motor - 438whp 93 octane

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

blundar
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

1.8L vtec motor - 438whp 93 octane

Post by blundar »

Image I just got done with this car today. Overall, I'm very impressed. Run 18 = ~18-19psi, 438hp / 284 tq Run 8 = ~12psi, 347hp / 234 tq Run 4 = ~10.5 psi, 334hp / 223 tq Car was a ~9:1 1.8L vtec motor (Sleeved ITR bottom / B16 head, GSR cams) and a GT35e non-ball bearing turbo run on 93 octane with 1000cc Precision injectors. We had significant issues with misfiring/blowing out spark at higher RPMs. Being able to mess with dwell settings for the coil in eCtune really helped a lot towards getting the misfires taken care of. Literally, all I changed in the last run was the dwell table in order to clean up the dyno to the point where it could go home. I guess we'll see if there is a detrimental effect on coil life... It sure as hell helped spark strength. R5671-8 @ 0.020-0.021\" Individual cylinder trim for both fuel and spark was really helpful too - saw marked changes. Hard to tell if it was a result of the 10% fuel in #3 or the -1 degree spark, but it ran super clean. Pretty neat. Ignition adjustments being off were very handy too. I'm not sweating this one having issues. Yay! The motor could definately have made more power with more boost and more revs, but it was already having issues blowing out the spark BAD and the owner didn't want to push it any harder on pump gas.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA \"That motor's hit!\" - me

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

:thumbs up:
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

xenocron

Post by xenocron »

Nice, so you took out or added dwell to help the spark blowing out? Nice numbers...since when did you start using a Dynojet?
Regards, Xenocron Tuning Solutions eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Ringwood, NJ / Hillburn, NY U.S.A. www.xenocron.com DIY ECU Chipping, Fuel Management Parts and more...

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Whow! nice numbers! You did change the dwell time? In what way? Make it more or less? Very interesting that it can help to avoid spark problems! Can you share us the calibration file?

Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

what was the AF reading when you were having missfire?
Synoptic Tuning Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Mind-Eracer

Post by Mind-Eracer »

Nice Job, I guessing he extended the dwell time.. Dave, So do you think the stock Coil will have a shorter lifespan, with the extended dwell time?

TurboGoKart

Post by TurboGoKart »

Was this Chris' car? I heard he did pretty well too.
Under Construction.

G2TURBO

Post by G2TURBO »

Yeah Scott its my car. It runs great! Setup: Sleeved C5 block 81mm 9.0:1 CP Manley Rods B16 head Supertech springs and retainers blah blah ect.... Precision GT35E 1000cc inj. The car: Image The goodies: Image Image Image The Dyno: Image Im looking forward to getting the logger version of the software so I can datalog at the track ect... and we will be setting up the boost control as well. The car wont hook at all on the street at the current boost level 18psi until 4th gear.

calvin

Post by calvin »

i'm working on that...
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

TurboGoKart

Post by TurboGoKart »

Heh heh. :twisted: Chris, Craig told me you did pretty good! Off to read more about this program...
Under Construction.