Turbo H22 Civic, 60-1 turbo

eCtuned dyno results.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Tony the Tiger
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>
http://phpbb3styles.net

Turbo H22 Civic, 60-1 turbo

Post by Tony the Tiger »

Hey, I just tuned an H22A Civic with the following: - 9.2:1 CR - Turbonetics T3 60-1 turbo with 0.68 a/r turbine hsg - Turbonetics Manifold - Golden Eagle Intake manifold - RC 550cc injectors - FMIC, 2.5\" charge piping - 3\" DP and Exhaust - WG recirculated back into DP - Turbosmart EBoost2 Car was tuned with ECTune of course, numbers are at 12 PSI. 315 WHP and 258 lbft Image Video: http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 9&hl=en-CA Video coming soon :)
Last edited by Tony the Tiger on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Toronto, Ontario, CANADA www.Dynamotorsports.ca

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Nice numbers. Can you share us the .cal file? (I got 1 H22 to do with exactly the same setup...... ;) )
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

Tony the Tiger

Post by Tony the Tiger »

I don't mind sharing, but this particular car was running an Ebay flywheel and I wasn't able to sync the ignition timing. So you will notice that the timing numbers won't correspond correctly. I actually rather not share it to prevent other guys from misusing it :)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Toronto, Ontario, CANADA www.Dynamotorsports.ca

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

ok, good reason not to share! The H22 I had was a obd2b car so the dizzy was not adjustable. I checked the timing anyway and found out that it was dead on at 0 degrees. I love this timing adj tool! No 16 degrees point or not sure if this car needs to run at idle on 16 degrees? just set it manual to 0 degrees and test it at 0. Every car has a 0 degrees point.

Tony the Tiger

Post by Tony the Tiger »

Hey Gaskleppie, can you elaborate more? :) I just set the distributor to center its position and just tuned from there. Felt like timing was maybe advanced a little bit. How do I to set up a reference point if I had no timing mark on the flywheel and cannot check my physical ignition timing? Is there another method in doing so?

Gaskleppie

Post by Gaskleppie »

In Tools is a ignition sync feature. Open it and you see two variables. If you want your base timing at 16 degreed do NOT change the first value. The second value is the one to use. If you set this one to 0 and hit \"sync\" the timing will be set to a steady 0 degrees. Now you can check if the timing is 0 degrees on the flywheel/pulley. If you dont have a 0 degrees timing point on the flywheel/pulley make one your self by painting a 0 degrees point on it. Set cilinder 1 in top position and make your mark. With this tool you can also do your timing check with a cold engine. It is dead accurate! Because the idle ign correction is not working at that moment you activate the sync tool. You will see that the timing is way more steady than normal when the ecu is adjusting the timing to maintain a steady idle.

Bindegal

Post by Bindegal »

Mmmmmm that´s a nice wide powerband. Just the way I like it :D /Allan