software to increase screen resolution?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ultra spikey
http://phpbb3styles.net

software to increase screen resolution?

Post by ultra spikey »

Does anyone know of any software that will basically overide the video driver to allow me to increase my resolution higher than what it is rated for? I know i've seen it somewhere out there, I just don't know where. I'm using an older dell laptop that is only capable of a resolution up to 1024x768, and I just feel like everything is cramped together in Ectune.

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Re: software to increase screen resolution?

Post by nate »

ultra spikey wrote:Does anyone know of any software that will basically overide the video driver to allow me to increase my resolution higher than what it is rated for? I know i've seen it somewhere out there, I just don't know where. I'm using an older dell laptop that is only capable of a resolution up to 1024x768, and I just feel like everything is cramped together in Ectune.
If the LCD screen physically cannot handle a higher resolution there is nothing you can do about it. Most older laptops are (hardware) limited to 1024x768.
eCtune Team

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

To expand on this: I used to work for a company designing and manufacturing high-grade LCD monitors back in 98.... LCD's only have a set size of it's dot matrix. Most manufacturers out there just design their LCD controller's to handle up to an appropreate size of video signal to coincide with the LCD's physical \"matrix\". The only way to add more, is to use a virtual desktop that extends past the matrix, or to have a controller that will interpolate the larger sizes to the smaller matrix of the screen.... Our company basically made a controller that could indeed fit too big of a picture on a smaller plane but not loose picture quality by using a color-shift when a line being rendered fell between 2 pixels on the screen. (back in 98 we were sort of untouchable when it came to our LCD controllers... Making panels/units for Nascar, and many many other big name brand companies) I used to have a 15\" LCD that could do any refresh rate, and _ANY_ possible screen resolution in conjunstion with that refresh rate on a regular ol' Hi-Brite Samsung LCD that had a max resolution of 1440x1024 I used to play games at well over 2048x1440 on this little 15\" monitor... with virtually no loss in picture quality. So.... aside from using a virtual desktop or changing the physical controller on your LCD... it can't happen. I have yet to see a driver to this day that can override the hardware function of the LCD controller.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock