smoke AFTER I get on it...return line?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

ultra spikey
http://phpbb3styles.net

smoke AFTER I get on it...return line?

Post by ultra spikey »

So I was doing a little street tuning today and noticed something. While doing a street pull, there is no sign of smoke. Even after the pull when i'm rolling to a stop, no smoke. BUT, after I make a complete stop, wait a couple seconds, then start moving again, I get a little white smoke coming out of the exhaust. Some of the times it didnt do it, but most of the time it did. Could this pose a threat...(I dont really like have the return line curves forward and then back to get around the downpipe. The return line does not flow upward at all). Would it be a bad idea to put a 90* pipe fitting in the return line? Image Image

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

The center housing rotating assembly is fairly sensitive to oil restrictions, which include ANGLES. Side to side (along the shaft) you can usually get away with 15-25 degrees. Up and down (through oil inlet/outlet holes) you should really have very little, if any. It looks to me like you have close to 45 degrees in that respect. When you get on it, there is more pressure pushing oil in through the seals, at idle the engine is trying to pull it out. That's likely why its only doing it after idle and not a WOT pull.

sj-performance

Post by sj-performance »

White smoke could be coolant headgasket,intake ect. what does it smell like? If it is oil try to keep the oil level just below the full mark on your dip stick to avoid it from back feeding into the turbo and make sure your drain back is high enough on the pan

ultra spikey

Post by ultra spikey »

its white smoke but smells like oil...

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

One guy I knew toasted all 4 piston ringlands. Coolant was fine, but it made a insanely huge WHITE smoke cloud and barely ran. Oil smoke isn't always blue, mainly when it doesn't burn completely is it blue. It doesn't atomize like gas at normal temps, and takes more heat to get it to burn.