lc-1 random recalibrating, wiring nightmare

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

wolve
http://phpbb3styles.net

lc-1 random recalibrating, wiring nightmare

Post by wolve »

my frien has an gsr, as of recent he's got - s2s1 cams - s2 retainers - s2 tuner valves - s2 tb portmatched 68mm - s2 pro IM - s2 composite fuel rail etc so it needs tuning, but the lc-1 is testing my patience and treshold to start throwing with things :evil: i've read an awfull lot of opinions on wiring the lc-1 i tried 3, all with no luck. first was the stupid one to ground all grounds (heater, system, o-meter, led and cal-switch) to the chassis. after some research i found it to be stupid oke. logical lc-1 kept recalibrating on start-up, even when it was in the exhaustgasses. that gave no good readings then i grounded system to the a26 for correct voltage for the system same problem, after running trough the calibrating process and installing tyhe lc-1in the exhaust it recalibrated on startup.....WHYYYYY oke after some reading i figured it was wise to ground everything to the thermostathousing and make the led-pushbutton removable so that when done calibrating i could just remove the led. same problem, it keeps recalibrating after warmup and recalibrating for fresh air in exhaust gasses is not recomended :evil: can anyone help me?

timmydogg

Post by timmydogg »

i followed this write up and have not had any problems: http://www.lukekailburn.com/lc1.html :? other than that, i don't know man, good luck

Gaskleppie
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Gaskleppie »

Just give it 12Volt and use the serial connection for tuning. For closed loop use the stock o2 meter.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: The Netherlands

kelly

Post by kelly »

Last edited by kelly on Tue May 13, 2008 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

kelly

Post by kelly »

Here are my suggestions concerning wiring: http://www.hrtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3359#3359

wolve

Post by wolve »

thnx man, that's exactly what our problem is and it seemed impossible by now to ever get it to work. it's frustating to see other people having no probs at all (when installed right) and you have nothing but trouble. even checked everything for resistance and all, could'nt understand it i am going to cross ship it to innovative

kelly

Post by kelly »

Cool. Hopefully this is the problem.

wolve

Post by wolve »

kelly wrote:Cool. Hopefully this is the problem.
hopefully update: had contact with innovative they shipped a replacement today so i'll should be getting it aroud next week. we should ship our unit back to them with the RMA-form and proof of purchase. and then hopefully we can finally get the car tuned but get this: not only is it enough that we got a defective unit (wich cost us 2 days of troubleshooting and re-wiring) wich can happen, but we have to pay tax/customs again (25% of the value) but also have to pay for the shipping costs to send the unit back. so instead of buying a working product for 100%value+25%taxes/customs+shipping wich we're oke with, we now pay an extra 25% over the package+ shipping costs back to america (from europe). o yeah, and also two days extra work and two weeks delay in finishing the car. fun buisiness, what do you think, should i even ship the old unit back? the replacement is already on the way. and they did not exactly put in much effort to console for the caused inconvinience...

akira712

Post by akira712 »

you could just keep it, but im sure they asked for your credit card? And ask them to put warranty replacement on the box. your customs office will probably refund you a second duty on the same product as long as its claimed warranty. just keep your receipts and boxes for the first one

wolve

Post by wolve »

akira712 wrote:you could just keep it, but im sure they asked for your credit card? And ask them to put warranty replacement on the box. your customs office will probably refund you a second duty on the same product as long as its claimed warranty. just keep your receipts and boxes for the first one
they did not ask for creditcard, only adress and such the warranty replacement thingie is not gonna work, not here in holland these people are nazis. they charge everything, no matter what the box says. tried it several times. even bought a radiator with fan, vendor forgot the radiator. had to pay customs/taxes for everything the bill said. then he shipped the radiator after and i had to pay customs for the radiator again, and there was no way around it. only if you send something out under warranty and get a new one in the exact same box you don't have to pay customs. and despite all of that, it's still cheaper to get everything from the states even if there's dealer on the streetcorner. low dollar is bad for us export, but great for import ;)

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

then you are doing something wrong. I lived there for 6.5 year. And got my stuff inside.
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

When shipping RMA stuff abroad, I always make a point of making an accurate list of contents and having the post office sign it or something. Then I have the proof ready for customs when the part is returned later on. Welcome to the EU :) /Allan