bypassing the IAT sensor ?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

zex_cool
http://phpbb3styles.net

bypassing the IAT sensor ?

Post by zex_cool »

i posted this on h-t, but that place is useless for good info. problem is, when this douche wired my friends car he hooked up the IACV plug to the IAT and it burnt the ecu board beyond repair. i changed the IAT sensor since and switched the plugs around and it worked, but if you drive it for a while the code 10 comes on. i need to fix this ASAP. it wont even last through the tune without the CEL coming on.

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

what EMS?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

cr0me

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

uhm, replace ECU? I see people swtiching around those connectors all the time. What usually happens is that the IAT sensor is killed, but I have never seen the ECU break as a result from this. In fact I find it hard to see how that could even happen? How or why Honda would place 3 devices with the same connector type right next to each other is still a mystery to me. :( /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

replace ecu...
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

he has a po6 but switching would make for more problems. his harness doesnt have vss plug on it for some reason, but he doesnt get a cel for it because he is using a obd1 cable tranny gsr ecu....i think. :? ill post pics of the board in a little.

Bugermass

Post by Bugermass »

forget it dude, I already asked for a IAT disable feature, but everyone shot my idea down lol..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

sohcd16y8

Post by sohcd16y8 »

Bugermass wrote:forget it dude, I already asked for a IAT disable feature, but everyone shot my idea down lol..
That would be nice, esp since most just heatsoak in the intake anyway.