wastegate dumping on intake

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

sasquatch
http://phpbb3styles.net

wastegate dumping on intake

Post by sasquatch »

i have my wastegate dumping onto my intake cuz thats the way my turbo fits on the manifold and the placement of the wastegate.... (waiting on a dumptube to be made). but i was just wondering how much power i would lose from this. is it considerable. cuz when i hit about 5000rpm it just feels like the power stops

Coupe-r

Post by Coupe-r »

haha, you are dumping hot exhaust gas into the intake filter. So imagine how hot the intake charge would be, and the 02 content. CHeck your tuning also, as it may not totally be the fault of the wastegate dumping on the intake pipe. P.S why don't you just connect your wastegate back into the exhaust, they are loud as shit anyways. Where i live, we don't pass vehicle tests with an open gate, (classed as an exhaust leak)

z31

Post by z31 »

You can go to pep boys, auto zone, any random exhaust shop and find the flexible exhaust tubing. It's nowhere close to being ideal, but for short term usage it'll hold up and it'll stop you from dumping into your turbo. Yes, it's ghetto...but it works in a pinch. :wink: Your already illegal right now as it is, you might as well band-aid it until you have your dump finished.

combz

Post by combz »

about 30-50whp haha thats a huge guess, but honestly, the same thing happened to my friend, all they did from one run to the next was put some shitty pipe on the wastegate and let it dump under the car, and they gained about 30whp if i remember correctly.

sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

well i found that the reason it was sorta hitting a brick wall was at higher rpms it was like 9.9:1 afr so i fixed that and it seemed a little better. now with the new update i have to retune it so back to the street i go. its hard to find a long stretch of road that i can pull 4th in without getting caught. they're really strict over here with that. 50km/h over and you get your car impounded and license suspended. word of advise never pay someone to make something for you. always pay them after!