In search of throttle response...

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

JaredKaragen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by JaredKaragen »

good info ;) Also a side note I am running DSM bluetops, so the kinks that those bastards add to the tune probably aren't helping me. I know I need to look at my battery offsets again; I changed a few grounds, and added a few so things probably need to be adjuysted to compensate.... because I am not getting an insane amount of fuel in the 600-1,500 RPM range compared to the resto f the maps... that's just needing me to get out the 20A regulated power supply again. I myself set the offsets by starting and warming the car, then swithcing the car from running off the battery/alt, to the power supply/alt, then ultimately pulling the fise for the ALT and using just straight the 20A power supply to feed the car and then I have ultimate control over the vehicle's voltage; and the offset tables seem to be pretty damned close. I botched it once by using too small of power wires from the power supply to the car, and the offsets were all out of whack when I hooked everything back up the way it should be.
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

are you able to build boost at these acceleration points?
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

yep; I am seeing 5.5PSI; instantly... at higher R's it puts out more boost (and it seems like it just isn't enough fuel... but I just recalibrated my sensor less than 100 miles ago... so I need to buy a 3rd one just to be sure.) the PSI is there... just seriously no go. If I stab the gas till it revvs, then release and stab it instantaneously (testing tip-in in different ways for an all around value) my typical value will flood the engine, making it take a few seconds to recover and start increasing revvs; but this -40 to -60 tip-in required to get rid of this \"flooding\" is horrible for even thinking of driving on the street.... I can't seem to find a middle ground yet; thus different ways to testing a value of tipin on a given re-tuned portion... I have been trying alot of things to get rid of the instant lag the SC gives; you would expect it puts out more kenetic power than it robs when hitting the gas; but is a 1.5L just too small to overcome it quickly? With ~10 plus or minus 5 deg of timing, and a horribly negative tip-in value I was able to obtain a great rev from idle by just tapping the gas slightly.... but the negative tip-in and timing aren't something I want to drive on (took it up the street, felt horrible). Thanks for listening to the rants... I know it can be done, but its just going to take some time to sort out.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Image The car runs great now! Freaky table, no pings

98vtec

Post by 98vtec »

Image Image wow!!! Talk about making drastic changes, lol did you remove the honda ignition advance? or do you have it setup to still make changes in the background?
eCtune Authorized Tuner Blake Barr Pensacola, FL XXX Performance - In House DynoJet 850-457-DYNO

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Um, well on the map I have VE on (borrowed map from a user), and all IAT and ECT retards are trimmed accordingly. Stock IGN corrections are disabled (in the sensor/hardware options). frikken freaky.