(ECT and VSS work!) Yet another s2000 cauge project [READY]

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

Orthello
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by Orthello »

Finished the PCB design. It fits on 1.8 x 2.2 inch. (4,5 x 5,5 cm) It includes a 6 pin connector for 5V, GND, VSS in, VSS out, ECT in and ECT out. It also includes two ICSP connectors the load new firmware in each converter. Next steps... Printing Exposure Etching Drilling Assembling Soldering And then.... hopefully the PCB design is correct and the converters do exactly the same as on the breadboard. :D

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Update and some modifications. After finishing the test hardware for ECT I experienced nervous readings again when the headlights (or other heavy users) were turned on. It (again) seemed that the ground of the cigaret lighter isn't the most stable one. So I decided to connect the ECT converter to the 5v and 0v of the TPS sensor. This works perfect! stable readings, very very few electronic parts are needed. Basicly.... microcontroler, 2 caps and a crystal for the clock pulse. And nothing more. Straight T tap for the ECT input and een straight connection to the S2000 ECT wire. And it works perfect. I decided to split the VSS and ECT converters. the VSS converter will be put at the back of the S2000 cluster. The ECT converter will be at the ECU. After a few days and km's of testing this turns out to be the best way to solve this issue. And... probably this is also the reason that modifry has two seperate converters. How Mark Lamond solved this... I'm not sure. I haven't seen any work he has done. But... my own work is very promissing. Now I have time to do some PCB changes. Because I have to wait for the microcontrolers to arrive. *SIGH* To be continued... but the end is near!!!

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

nice to have this project going on here... smart people search for smart people 8)
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

I found some cool stuff to have access to the 93C56 EEPROM in thecluster without removing from the PCB!!! Which is very nice because it is SMD mounted. There is a 'connector' next to the 93C56 with direct connections to all the pins of the 93C56. Pins are little bit shuffled, bur all direct connected. Red: Chip Select [CS] pin 1 Green: Serial Data Clock [CLK] pin 2 Light Blue: Serial Data Input [DI] pin 3 Dark Blue: Data Output [DO] pin 4 Pink: Power Supply [VCC] pin 8 & pin 6 Yellow: Ground [VSS] pin 7 & pin 5 Makes it easier to reprogram this EEPROM (ODO and mile/km select button) Image

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

Very cool find. 8)

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

But.... unfortunatly this 'connector' also is power supply to different other electronics, which started talking to the EEPROM too. So... removed the EEPROM from the cluster hardware. With some tweaking I was able to put it in my programmer and backup and change the content of the EEPROM. Enabled the MPH/KMH button, and added 200000 km to the ODO reading. It was 36000 and now reads 234000 km. So it matches the ODO reading of my CRX. For prove and a demo of the button: my YouTube channel

ge0ne
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by ge0ne »

Will we ever see it as a public product?
Regards, George Nerantzis diasiq eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: All over Greece

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Maybe in a very small one-off batch. Currently I'm in de proces of building and moving to a new house. So it isn't even in my own car yet. :D

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Orthello wrote:Red: Chip Select [CS] pin 1 Green: Serial Data Clock [CLK] pin 2 Light Blue: Serial Data Input [DI] pin 3 Dark Blue: Data Output [DO] pin 4 Pink: Power Supply [VCC] pin 8 & pin 6 Yellow: Ground [VSS] pin 7 & pin 5 Makes it easier to reprogram this EEPROM (ODO and mile/km select button)
You'd gotta bet that there is some sort of RP jumper, or something you can remove fromt he board so that you don't have to remove the EEPROM to program it... It would be a gut suspicion here... but as for the new results, ROCK ON! Fantabulous work on your behalf!
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

JaredKaragen wrote:You'd gotta bet that there is some sort of RP jumper, or something you can remove fromt he board so that you don't have to remove the EEPROM to program it... It would be a gut suspicion here...
It's WAY to suspicious. But I couldn't get it to work properly, so removing the EEPROM was the quickest and most reliable option in this case.( I had to be cousious not to corrupt the content of the EEPROM before a backup was made) Doesn't matter how... but my goal is achieved. Change ODO and enable KMH/MPH button.

ge0ne

Post by ge0ne »

so that means wait again.
Regards, George Nerantzis diasiq eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: All over Greece

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Indead. Cant' wait?

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Paper not ready yet, but.... I do have some pics... Finaly got everything in my car! outside (sorry for the blurry pic. long shutter without stand still doesn't work) Image inside Image S2000 cockpit Image Cockpit in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m5Kpz5ARnk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1ORGRn_8U

TopMountGSR

Post by TopMountGSR »

That's so bad ass, so when you gunna offer a kit for us ectuners?
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

TopMountGSR wrote:That's so bad ass, so when you gunna offer a kit for us ectuners?
What about a white paper with schematics and firmware (including source)? Don't want the hazle of "I ordered this and that, but can't get it to work please help" ;)