EBC on internal wastegate?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

HiProfile
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by HiProfile »

email sent Calvin, read it y0! :)

butch11a

Post by butch11a »

calvin wrote:drop me a mail to discuss this.. what i did now with ectune solenoid is bleed to bottom port to top port... 100% dc is full press on top port and atmosphere pressure on bottom port. Not sure how 4 way work... drop me a mail... i'll try co2 shortly... low boost(low spring) high boost... but is for race application only
How does the vac hose gets routed for this, full pressure on top of wg and open on the bottom port, been wondering about this for a while now....
New to eCtune, and still a lot to learn.....

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

It really depends on the solenoid's internal pathways, but 4-way valves are mostly all the same. On a MAC valve, one face/side has ports A and B, the other side has \"Exh.\" and \"In\". When unpowered, it connects the 2 bottom ports, \"In.\" and B. It also connects the top 2, \"Exh.\" and A. So to \"fail with low boost\" you'd supply boost to port \"In\", vent port \"Exh.\", hook port A to the WG's top port, and port B to the WG bottom port. 0% would get you full boost in the lower WG port & atmosphere in the top, 100% would get you atmosphere in the lower port and full boost in the top. So 0% gets you spring pressure boost, 100% gives you 'infinite' boost (same as welded-up WG). Its a long explaination WHY it should work (pressure differentials & diaphragms), so just trust me. However I think a fixed duty cycle wouldn't work well (boost creep & droop), so it would require the closed loop mode. I do know it would take much less duty cycle for the same boost level as a 3-way valve.

Fai72721

Re: EBC on internal wastegate?

Post by Fai72721 »

confUsed wrote:
Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:09 am
Anyone tried running the ebc in ectune on an internally gated setup? I dont have any experience with ebc's, so I dont even know if its possible. But if it might work it would be fun to try :)
Fine

qa2643316

Re: EBC on internal wastegate?

Post by qa2643316 »

confUsed wrote:
Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:09 am
Anyone tried running the ebc in ectune on 'an internally gated setup?
I dont have any experience with ebc's, so I dont even know if its possible. But if it might work it would be fun to try :)