EBC on internal wastegate?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

confUsed
http://phpbb3styles.net

EBC on internal wastegate?

Post by confUsed »

Anyone tried running the ebc in ectune on an internally gated setup? I dont have any experience with ebc's, so I dont even know if its possible. But if it might work it would be fun to try :)

Civic Tsi
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Civic Tsi »

Yeah it works.
eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Qc, Qc, Canada

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

yup, done it here too, I actually took a guys profec B off, and used the selenoid ..
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

confUsed

Post by confUsed »

OK, thanks! I'll soon have a new toy to play with :)

combz

Post by combz »

can someone post a quick diagram (in ms paint) or even a picture of how they actually routed the vaccuum lines to the EBC solenoid to the internal wastegate nipple?>

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

put the WG inline, between the WG and turbo... so it bleeds off pressure to air when EBC is doing it's adjustment...
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

FACETUNED
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by FACETUNED »

its simple if you take the solenoid and run the vacuum lines from the #2 port to the wastegate actuator and then the #3 to the pressure side or the turbine and filter the #1 then run your ground and then your power to the ecu. Thats it. Good Luck.[/img]
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Tacoma, Wa - USA FaceTuned.com

mafdark

Post by mafdark »

JaredKaragen wrote:put the WG inline, between the WG and turbo... so it bleeds off pressure to air when EBC is doing it's adjustment...
doesnt that effectively create a boost leak?

calvin
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by calvin »

you can either bleed off or block pressure going to the wg
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

I think it would be set up as a normally open solenoid (fails to low boost), and 100% DC would be unlimited (full) boost. You wouldn't 'leak' any move CFM's of air through the vent than you would with a normal extranal WG; you'd plug the solenoid's vent since [most] stock actuators slowly bleed off boost all by themselves. Just be aware that the max 'multiplier' over spring pressure won't be as high as being able to pressurize the other side of the WG [external setup]. You could rig it to be dual-ported, but a typical single-port actuator leaks BADLY around the bottom shaft seal. You can get aftermarket actuators that are dual-ported, and seal around the bottom shaft. You would be able to run more boost with the actuator in that case vs just a single port setup.

calvin

Post by calvin »

i did a lot of research on wastegate etc etc.. esp now with the synapse i have... wastegate either internal or external require x amount of pressure to open. this is determent by the spring. the spring will allow a x mm lift per psi.. the psi comes from 2 places... bottom port and manifold(backpressure). synapse has the option to adjust initial valve lift too... on some wg the gate starts to open as soon as it see a few psi due to back pressure.. synapse you can adjust when it starts to open. i'm testing 2 thing shortly... bleeding the bottom port and adding it to the top port. 100% dc will give no boost source to bottom port and 100% boost on top port... and CO2 boost controller
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

Calvin I've seen some 4-way solenoid valves that could make the 'bleeding' type work, or so I think. It would basicly cycle between pressurizing the top and bottom ports, rather than just adding boost to the top. Most 4-port 4-ways will have one 'input' inlet on the front, the 2nd will be the vent. It will basicly swap the routes between the two outputs. You could then do 100% with the top at boost pressure & bottom at atmosphere pressure, and 0% would be the opposite. I would imagine that you would only have to rewrite some of the input titles to make either work. It would only need different values based on what you want to use, since 100% DC with CO2 could give you far more boost than 100% DC with a normal 3-way boost solenoid.

calvin

Post by calvin »

drop me a mail to discuss this.. what i did now with ectune solenoid is bleed to bottom port to top port... 100% dc is full press on top port and atmosphere pressure on bottom port. Not sure how 4 way work... drop me a mail... i'll try co2 shortly... low boost(low spring) high boost... but is for race application only

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

calvin wrote:what i did now with ectune solenoid is bleed to bottom port to top port... 100% dc is full press on top port and atmosphere pressure on bottom port. Not sure how 4 way work... drop me a mail... i'll try co2 shortly... low boost(low spring) high boost... but is for race application only
I think this is similar to the idea in my other thread. The only issue would be releaving the pressure between each cycle/valve movement. I'll send you some pictures I'm thinking of sometime this week, since school has me nailed to the wall till friday. As for the 4-way, most will work by supplying the boost pressure to one outlet, while venting the other; of course, which gets vented is based on the valve being open or closed. I'm sure a 3-way could work fine, except not as cleanly (extra parts?). I'll have to look into that. I think if you got a co2 system working, you'd have a real winner. It seems more and more common for people to put S36x borg-warner turbos on street cars and run 30+ psi at the track.

calvin

Post by calvin »

i guess so