Do you have severe afterfires at rev limiter?

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

5thgen
http://phpbb3styles.net

Post by 5thgen »

I stay away from the anti-lag for now....maybe I'll try a restrictor. I have a 1/8th line (smaller than -3 an) feeding the turbo now though. I'll look into it a little more. I had the similar setup minus ectune for 3 years plus as well, with no smoke from the turbo for the most part.

TopMountGSR
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by TopMountGSR »

not to bump and old thread or anything.. but I love when mine shoots fire between shifts, I get comments all the time about it. Open dp, race gas and a gorilla 3rd to 4th shift lets out such a cannon like explosion the fire actually rolls out from under the car on both sides, right before the rear wheels and behind the doors. You can see it flash in both rear view mirrors. It looks like a multi colored light show. I don't care if its right or not, I dig it the car gets down like a clown!
DKGoodrich EFI Tuning Solutions eCtune Authorized Tuner Frankfort, KY, U.S.A. 859-421-3334 http://www.dkgoodrich.com Image

ckretvix

Post by ckretvix »

I think its pretty sweet to. When andy (sohcd16z8) took me for a drive we did a pull and hit the limiter by accident and there was a massive fireball out the side of the car. Another car driving with us saw it very far back. I've also experienced a loud pop before when shifting.

b20beast

Post by b20beast »

mine sounds like an AK47!

poodlemuffer

Post by poodlemuffer »

normally shift before the rev limit but i went out the other night to see what its like , i passed 2 1000cc gsxr bikes as i hit the limiter in 3rd on the motorway (freeway), they flew after me to see what the car was . they looked confused. :twisted:

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

b20beast wrote:mine sounds like an AK47!
mine too
eCtune Team