iPhone Dynolicious

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

blenz
http://phpbb3styles.net

iPhone Dynolicious

Post by blenz »

http://www.dynolicious.com/ I just stumbled across this today and I'm curious of what everyone thinks. Could this program be used effectively as a tool to tune timing on the street? Has anyone had the chance to fool around with it yet? Here is a short video that compares results on the dyno and at the track to the numbers from the dynolicious software as well as a G-Tech accelerometer: http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08/08 ... G-Tech.htm

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

now, if they only had the iphone for tmobile...

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

Hacked iPhones work fine for T-Mobile.

zex_cool

Post by zex_cool »

friend of mine had one when they first came out. he had ton of problems with it. it got relocked 2 times before he gave up on it. you can use the ipot touch too, but 299 for the base model. :?

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

Has anyone tried to play with the Wii controlers (Wiimote) to get an accelerometer? See at MSDN (Coding4Fun) And the Wiimote itself is relatively cheap to buy.

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

zex_cool wrote:friend of mine had one when they first came out. he had ton of problems with it. it got relocked 2 times before he gave up on it. you can use the ipot touch too, but 299 for the base model. :?
When they first came out isn't much of a basis for unlocking phones because they just came out. They've come a long ways and there are plenty of people using unlocked ones now.

Civicman86

Post by Civicman86 »

I'd like to see some more results of this product from other people. I'm still a little skeptical.
-Dustin '98 Honda Civic 1.6t SOHC

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

Wait... Wiimote... Bluetooth... Laptop... This could work... lol
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

JaredKaragen wrote:Wait... Wiimote... Bluetooth... Laptop... This could work... lol
Would it work with the BlueTooth of my cell phone? (HTC TyTn2 with WM6) It's so tempting to start playing with that!!! :D Wiimote is able to measure along 2 axis. So it's ideal for acceleration, braking and cornering. But... I have a VSS converter to finish ;)

makafeli

Post by makafeli »

u can use racechrono: http://www.racechrono.com/ its a free program like dynolicious, only its for a symbian phones, i use it and it worked great...

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

But that uses GPS which is WAY to inaccurate. GPS only updates once a second. So when you go from 0 to 100km/h in 10 seconds, it can also be 11 seconds or 9 seconds. Error: 10%

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

unless your paying big bux for a GPS your only accurate within 30Ft or so; If you buy the wholy moly expensive equipment like our survey equipment, you can get accurate within .005\" but that's only at a fixed location when the GPS has enough time to lock into it's position that precisely.

Orthello

Post by Orthello »

JaredKaragen wrote: but that's only at a fixed location when the GPS has enough time to lock into it's position that precisely.
And do a lot of averaging, which takes looooong.

HiProfile

Post by HiProfile »

I got some freescale accelerometer chips (the older high sensitivity/5vdc kind) that I've been wanting to use with my SSI-4. Basicly it only needs a 5vdc input, ground, and output signal. A few caps/resistors help it read better, otherwise they're 1/3 the size of a eeprom chip. With no pull on the axis in question, it reads like 2.5 olts, 1g = 3.7v, -1g = 1.3 volts. The newer are less volts/G. The best part is the pricing is the same as their MAP sensors, at least per 1000 units. I never got around to testing them, since its been 1 thing after another. I'm still not 'done' with my car, lots of ideas to make into reality. edit: They still have the 5vdc at digikey for $11.51 ea, MMA1260EG-ND. IIRC they stopped production last summer, and the new units are 3.3vdc input.

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

makafeli wrote:u can use racechrono: http://www.racechrono.com/ its a free program like dynolicious, only its for a symbian phones, i use it and it worked great...
Symbian ??? I can't believe I didn't see this post earlier... *visiting link*