ectuned mr2??

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

akira712
http://phpbb3styles.net

ectuned mr2??

Post by akira712 »

Was at a close buddies place and walk into the shop and he had a gen3 swapped mr2 straped to a p72 and running on ectune, only say it idiling and a few easy passes(13lbs) :shock: wasnt there for the final results discuss....

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

People have had AE86s and MR2s running on a Honda ECU for a few years now. I'm surprised there's not more, actually.

akira712

Post by akira712 »

it was a first for me

HRTuning

Post by HRTuning »

It's pretty cool huh? :) I have a few MR2 ECUs here, but decided not to make a system for it when I found out you could do this instead.

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

That´s my favorite kind of \"hybrid\" :) I did an Alfa Romeo a while back, and a VW was next. But the owner is too busy building his house :( I figure, any 4 cylinder gasoline engine with physical space in the engine bay for a Honda distributor is a candidate for this sort of swap. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

fah

Post by fah »

Someone should make some kind of conversion kit to use a honda obd1 on a toyota 3s,5e & 4age engines. it would make life easier. alot of toyota guys are always asking me if i have ever tried it. i just need a bolt on conversion kit to make things easier to strap the honda distributor on and instructions to follow. do i have any volunteers to make and sell me a working kit? leave me a PM, i seriously want to try this.
Regards, Marlon Chong eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Jamaica/Australia chong_marlon(at)yahoo.com (876)-881-8164 JA (61)-4-0275-3611 AUS

nate
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by nate »

I've tossed around the idea of making a kit with my fabricator -- I guess the main thing stopping us from developing something like this is how much interest there actually is in it... What was the shop name with the mr2?
eCtune Team

fah

Post by fah »

nate wrote:I've tossed around the idea of making a kit with my fabricator -- I guess the main thing stopping us from developing something like this is how much interest there actually is in it...
Nate ... just sent you a PM
Regards, Marlon Chong eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Jamaica/Australia chong_marlon(at)yahoo.com (876)-881-8164 JA (61)-4-0275-3611 AUS

akira712

Post by akira712 »

JDracing in NB Canada. username on here is jdracing

ACTION JACTION

Post by ACTION JACTION »

My brother would definitely buy one. MR2 guys dont have alot of cost effective options.

crow

Re: ectuned mr2??

Post by crow »

akira712 wrote:Was at a close buddies place and walk into the shop and he had a gen3 swapped mr2 straped to a p72 and running on ectune, only say it idiling and a few easy passes(13lbs) :shock: wasnt there for the final results discuss....
i made the adapter harness for that car. he's the only eCtuned MR2 i know of, but a few of us are running crome. if i had the disposable income for eCtune, i'd definitely use it over crome. hopefully this summer. i'm still amazed how well the 3SGTE runs on pgmfi hardware.