Questions on tuning.

Post and participate in general automotive tech here.

Moderator: Gaskleppie

james25
http://phpbb3styles.net

Questions on tuning.

Post by james25 »

Say for example, I create a base map and then datalog. Get my afr's to where I wanted and adjust accordingly using the logged file. So now everything is set on that base map. Now can I create another base map and use the previous logged file(s) to adjust the afr's without making a couple of runs?

Bindegal
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bindegal »

Any logging you do will only be relevant to the CAL used at that particular time. If you make a run w/datalogging and make changes after that, naturally you´d need to make another datalog to confirm that the changes you just made worked as anticipated. /Allan
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

james25

Post by james25 »

I see, thats what I thought but I wasn't sure. I was under the impression of creating mutiple logs and using those logged files to create a new cal without having to make a run. Kind of like making a master template. But thats not the case then, but all is good. I actually feel excited having my laptop connected on my car without having any problems unlike the shiny program. Any tips on datalogging particularly on filling up cells on the map? I use a braking method to fill up cells during part throttle. I depress the brake while I accelerate and maintain a constant rpm at a certain engine load to fill up cells which seems to work well. Hard on the brakes but it's a sacrifice. Sample log Image

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

if your gonna use the braking method, you need to be sure to let it sit for a couple seconds at each load point, or you need to make several passes through the load point, that way you get a good AVG AFR value. Basically the Slower and more times you pass through a load point the more acurate the AFR data will be.
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

james25

Post by james25 »

Bugermass wrote:if your gonna use the braking method, you need to be sure to let it sit for a couple seconds at each load point, or you need to make several passes through the load point, that way you get a good AVG AFR value. Basically the Slower and more times you pass through a load point the more acurate the AFR data will be.
I took your advice and did a couple more passes. It works great!

Bugermass
<font color=gray>Site Admin</font><br><font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by Bugermass »

kewl.. glad I could help
Chris Delgado Tun'd Performance Houston Texas 713-962-8262

james25

Post by james25 »

What's a good target afr?

JaredKaragen

Post by JaredKaragen »

boosted, start with 12-12.5:1 for low boost, and you can probably add some timing added around that AFR safely... depends on your tuning/monitoring gear and how much your willing to do timing on your own ;)
95 Sol Si : D16z6 : TD04H-13C 74 Civic 1200 : 100% Stock

james25

Post by james25 »

Something like this is good? Image

calvin

Post by calvin »

should be
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

EITCP
<font color=green>eCtune Authorized Tuner</font>

Post by EITCP »

will you using stock O2 sensor? if you do then you can not use 15.5AFR ratio in closed loop area otherwise your fuel trim will go sky high.
---------------------------------- TUNERC team eCtune Authorised Tuner for Slovenia Passed ACP course at EFI University in Temecula, CA, November 07

james25

Post by james25 »

I have a wideband O2, LC-1

calvin

Post by calvin »

for closeloop?
Regards, eCtune Team eCtune Authorized Tuner Location: Caribbean & Suriname aim:calvinPGMFI skype:ectune We remote connect to your laptop if you have problems. Best support in the world.

james25

Post by james25 »

I actually disabled closeloop above 645mbar, column 5. The areas that I'm trying to tune are column 5 and above